Pension drawdown strategy

Thanks @Sadim for the response. I am originally from the UK, so lived in the UK up until 2006 when I moved to Ireland. 2005 was when I started permanent employment but I'd previously have had a 1 year work placement in 2003 and various summer jobs before completing my degree in 2005 and starting work.

When I first moved to Ireland it was a secondment with a view that I would eventually return to the UK, so I stayed on a UK contract during that period and paid tax in the UK - although I didn't live in the UK I was paid into a UK account and payslips may have been sent to a UK address, I can't remember. The move to Ireland then became permanent in 2008 when I signed an Irish contract.

Might be clutching at straws but any hope the above might make me eligible?

Strikes me like you are exactly the case that the cheaper Class 2 contribution was designed for. The Class 2 rate was originally introduced for the self-employed but eventually was extended to UK nationals who went abroad on "temporary overseas assignment". The temporary bit seems to be irrelevant. Anyway, download a Form CF83 from the HMRC website, complete it and send it off to HMRC Newcastle.... takes a while to get a verdict from them though.

just write to uk gov and ask for a statement of NI Contributions against your national insurance nr. Assuming you know your NI number, then its not in the slightest bit difficult.

Tried that 50, Nope it did not work.... it wanted a UK passport number which I do not have and a credit history report. Mind, I was only asked for that about 10 minutes into the sign up (why they could not ask me at the start I do not know

Tried that 50, Nope it did not work.... it wanted a UK passport number which I do not have and a credit history report. Mind, I was only asked for that about 10 minutes into the sign up (why they could not ask me at the start I do not know

What needs a UK passport and credit history? If you mean gov gateway I never suggested using that as you had mentioned sign up problems earlier..

As I stated, write to the address provided. Actually seems to be a on line form you can complete now making it even easier havent tried this, but might save you a stamp:

What needs a UK passport and credit history? If you mean gov gateway I never suggested using that as you had mentioned sign up problems earlier..

As I stated, write to the address provided. Actually seems to be a on line form you can complete now making it even easier havent tried this, but might save you a stamp:

Cheers 50, must do that. It would certainly be handier than writing to them every so often for an update

Back