Paylike Payment Gateway doesn't do invoices

Nemama

Hi all,

I've started working with Paylike, a danish payment gateway solution. However they say that they don't do invoicing from their fees/transactions fees.

Is that normal or even legal? How do you guys do bookkeeping/accounting with your payment gateway solutions?

Further details: https://paylike.io/accounting

Sounds unusual. Do payment processing fees attract VAT? In which case, don't they legally have to provide a VAT invoice on request?

If no VAT, assuming they just subtract their fees from the transaction amount they credit to your account, I guess you could just treat that as your income figure for each sale, and don't need to account for their fee as a separate line item (although you probably should to check the fees are calculated correctly, and stay competitive).

Sounds unusual. Do payment processing fees attract VAT? In which case, don't they legally have to provide a VAT invoice on request?

If no VAT, assuming they just subtract their fees from the transaction amount they credit to your account, I guess you could just treat that as your income figure for each sale, and don't need to account for their fee as a separate line item (although you probably should to check the fees are calculated correctly, and stay competitive).

No VAT (self-employed generating less than 37k per annum). But the client will ask for a receipt of the total but I won't get it all. How can I invoice the client?

Thanks

My question was more: the payment gateway is providing a service, does that service attract VAT?

Back