PAYE Worker Registering A Limited Company

kseire

Hi,

I am currently a PAYE worker working in IT, and I do a lot of design work for websites outside of work. I was thinking of registering a LTD Company for which I could advertise and trade my web services professionaly. My questions is, if i register a LTD Company and take a wage from there as well as my Full Time job how will this affect me taxation wise. Can I remain a PAYE worker and keep my Tax Credits for my job, and just pay full tax on my other wage I take from my LTD Company without credits?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

kseire

Yes you can take a wage from your own company and pay tax at your top rate (either 20% or 42% depending on your salary from your original employment) plus PRSI @ 5%. You can keep all of your tax cut-offs and credits in your original employment. If you subsequently decide to leave your current employment and only work for your own company and draw a wage from it, then you will lose your entitlement to the PAYE credit (tax credit of €1,490 per year)

I thought that once you became a proprietary director you lost your PAYE credit?

You should also do a search here and look for threads discussing the merits of trading as a sole trader or through a limited company, for a sideline business like you seem to be refering to it is questionable whether a limited company is really necessary.

You are still entitled to the PAYE credit if you have another non-proprietory directorship employment.

Just like if kseire was to leave her current employment and take up full time employment as a proprietory director now, he/she would still be entitled to the full PAYE credit for 2006 due to partial employment elsewhere.

Just like if kseire was to leave her current employment and take up full time employment as a proprietory director now, he/she would still be entitled to the full PAYE credit for 2006 due to partial employment elsewhere.
Interesting to know! thanks...

Back