parked illegally in a loading area but with a wheelchair sticker?

Just curious - Who do you report it to?

I write to the Irish Wheelchair Association (they manage the distribution of the permits on behalf of whichever department has the responsibility of same) giving the vehicle registration and location of misuse and a permit number if available.

Presumably the hospital could verify this was the case.

Then either (a) bring the warden to the permit holder, or (b) bring the permit holder to the warden.

That wouldnt help someone who was reported to the wheelchair association as below... how could you defend yourself against being unfairly reported by someone with a grudge ?

I write to the Irish Wheelchair Association (they manage the distribution of the permits on behalf of whichever department has the responsibility of same) giving the vehicle registration and location of misuse and a permit number if available.

That wouldnt help someone who was reported to the wheelchair association as below... how could you defend yourself against being unfairly reported by someone with a grudge ?

Do you really think there's anyone nasty enough to falsely report a disabled person?

Just curious - Who do you report it to?

I would also be interested. There's a perfectly able bodied woman paking her car in the disabled spaces at the local train station. (It has a sticker) this is surely gross misuse given that she travels alone.

There's a perfectly able bodied woman paking her car in the disabled spaces at the local train station. (It has a sticker) this is surely gross misuse given that she travels alone.
Not all disabilities are obvious or visible. However, the IWA have spoken out in the past about abuses of the system, including abuses by relatives such as the OP.

Do you really think there's anyone nasty enough to falsely report a disabled person?

A rival disabled person ? :) lol

Ok back to the issue. The motive doesnt matter, its the fact it can happen unfairly regardless of the motives of the tell-tale person which I am pointing out.

Ok back to the issue. The motive doesnt matter, its the fact it can happen unfairly regardless of the motives of the tell-tale person which I am pointing out.
What's your point? Once you have any authority (e.g. Gardai, ComReg, Competition Authority or IWA), you allow the risk of unfair reporting. There is generally a process at the other end to ensure natural justice. No action is taken simply on foot of a report.

What's your point? Once you have any authority (e.g. Gardai, ComReg, Competition Authority or IWA), you allow the risk of unfair reporting....

My point is clear regarding civilians taking it upon themselves to police other civilians.
You appeared to have gone on a rant about authority in general but I was very specific about distinguishing between legitimate and illegitimate authority. How is the wheelchair authority supposed to act upon the complaint/word of a civilian without proof ? And what constitutes proof considering the possibility of someone reporting based upon mere perception which can be misleading? I'd worry it could be wasting everyones valuable time. Now if a traffic official informs the wheelchair authority after an on site investigation thats a different matter.
If I had a wheelchair sticker on my car and went to bring my grandmother out shopping I'd find it very cheeky for some busybody with absolutely no credentials to walk up to me and begin an interrogation. I could well find myself leaving granny with mom and going back to the car for my mobile phone (among many possible reasons). What do you advocate happening in such a case ? If you happened to arrive in the car park at the same time as this and spotted me alone at the car what would you do ?

A rival disabled person ? :) lol

So what's the solution for misuse? There is a responsibility on the permit user not to abuse the privilage, so when joe public notices a misuse what should s/he do? Turn a blind eye?

Anytime I report a misuse I give my contact details and home address, I've nothing to hide.

So what's the solution for misuse? There is a responsibility on the permit user not to abuse the privilage, so when joe public notices a misuse what should s/he do? Turn a blind eye?

Anytime I report a misuse I give my contact details and home address, I've nothing to hide.

Yes and when you report a 'misuse' , have you interrogated the driver of the car and investigated this fully ? I think thats a bit too close to a definition of 'stalking' for my comfort. I would think most people who have disabled parking tickets spend a lot of time driving around for their elderly parents or disabled friends/relatives and probably dont deserve the additional grief.
Even if you are prepared to go to 'court' as a witness over a parking ticket its still your word against theirs. What can you achieve ?
The only idea I can offer you is, if you have the energy and commitment to pursuing this then go find a traffic warden or a guard and get them to investigate it.
I personally get far more upset about ignorant people littering in public because theres no ambiguity about their behaviour.Once they do it they cant cover it up. I would suggest anyone who is public spirited to tackle this one.

I'd broadly agree with your view expressed below except I have to admit I wouldnt be as polite as yourself when faced with shameless littering.

I think it is important to 'call' this behaviour, i.e. speak directly to the persons concerned (not in an aggressive manner) making it clear that this behaviour is not acceptable, that they are putting the health of other children at risk and that you are taking down their car reg number for reporting to the local litter warden.

We need to make sure that it is not socially acceptable.

I dont want anyone to think I dont believe in the importance of disabled people having access to the spaces they are entitled to but if someone litters and you are present, the chances are you can see it with your own two eyes. This is much more black and white than writing letters about someone just because you dont like the look of them.

If I had a wheelchair sticker on my car and went to bring my grandmother out shopping I'd find it very cheeky for some busybody with absolutely no credentials to walk up to me and begin an interrogation. I could well find myself leaving granny with mom and going back to the car for my mobile phone (among many possible reasons). What do you advocate happening in such a case ? If you happened to arrive in the car park at the same time as this and spotted me alone at the car what would you do ?

The above wasnt a rhetorical question by the way. There is no way I could accuse someone of doing something wrong unless I was 100% sure they did it. 90% sure isnt good enough. Unlike littering which would be self evident. And I dont consider it to be my right to interrogate other citizens about their comings and goings either.

Perhaps the litter got blown out of their hand by the wind? Perhaps they have arthritis and they are unable to grip properly?

I wish to remind you for the 2nd time it wasnt a rhetorical question by the way in my last post and I would like an answer since I answered every single one of your questions. Is everyone with a wheelchair sticker now guilty until proven innocent ?

Perhaps the litter got blown out of their hand by the wind? Perhaps they have arthritis and they are unable to grip properly?

You can choose to complain about my opinion instead of real issues if you like. You only end up criticising yourself in your own post regarding litter.
My view is if litter falls then you pick it up. I have always picked up after myself in such situations and policing other peoples lives doesnt keep me awake at night either.

WHat happens if you get unfairly reported for littering by a disabled person with a grudge?

Who said that it was relevant?

It's fairly obvious to a reader you deem it relevant enough to use as an example.
With respect to you Rainyday, you seem to be subsequently admitting you have no point whether you realise it or not.

Unless we get back to real issues this is my last response on the matter as I have no interest in playing word games

The thread has been hijacked from the issue of wheelchair parking. There are other threads dealing with litter and as a moderator you are expected to know this in my humble opinion.

Regards and much respect to the moderator crew ,

Back