Parishioners asked to fund pay-offs for paedophiles victims

Organise something so, or stand on your own to show the way. Don't assume that others are cowards because they do not share your views.

I did something about it along time ago when I decided to stop following the catholic church because of the way it fostered and covered up child abuse. The church only listens to two things - footfall and subsequently money. If it gets less and less of these then it may listen.

You misrepresent me by saying that I think that other are cowards because they do not share my view. What I am saying is that as a nation we huff and puff about issues but never really do anything about it. Brian Cowan was called a coward in a previous post. My point is that if he is typical of the Irish mentality are we not all cowards?

Organise something so, or stand on your own to show the way. Don't assume that others are cowards because they do not share your views.

Can I ask then what do you think MrMan - what is your view?

I think it's fair to say that you defend the catholic church a fair bit - against what in fairness are often unjustified attacks - but in light of what is going on now, the abuse, the unaccountability, the cover ups, the arrogance, the lack of criminal proceedings, what do you feel as (I assume) a practicing catholic?

......... and the organisation held ecclesastical courts wherein the bishops said bring in the little children, as Christ himself had done, 'bring in the little children to me', but he meant it for he was a good man and he knew right from wrong, and would never harm little children, for they are truly the innocent ones, so the bishops brought in the little children and put the fear of God in them, they relied on their man made law, a different branch of law to that which the country had, two legal systems running side by side and the organisation would answer to no law but the organisation's law, even though by the laws of the land what the paedophiles had done was most evil but by the organisation's law it was an irrelevance and they took their orders direct from their leader in Rome who had most cunningly devised a system of control of the people, of which Machivelli himself would have been proud. Rome through the centuries had by the Sixties formulated a most cunning policy of containment of the paedophiles of their crimes, they would move the evil one's around to do their evil everywhere they went, but they would force the injured children to go on their knees and sign amazing documents to force them to never speak a word of the evil that had befallen them and thus the organisation simply washed their hands of it and continued as before even unto this day.

And the nation was hoodwinked again and didn't ask to see the documents the children had signed, they continue to believe that it's just two children who signed a document, they didn't care to ask how many children had signed such documents or gone through such courts. And none could see that those who profess good were really most evil in forcing young innocent most gravely injured children to sign such a document as can only have been written by ------------------- (reader decide) himself.

And now it's the season of full confirmation into the organisation and when the most beautiful children are brought forward to the bishops, parents should reflect well on the organisation they are commiting their young innocent children to. When they see the powerful man welcoming their children into the organisation they should look at that man and what he stands for and think about that.

Can I ask then what do you think MrMan - what is your view?

I think it's fair to say that you defend the catholic church a fair bit - against what in fairness are often unjustified attacks - but in light of what is going on now, the abuse, the unaccountability, the cover ups, the arrogance, the lack of criminal proceedings, what do you feel as (I assume) a practicing catholic?

The abuse and fall out from it are the result of criminals perpetrating vile crimes and a failed sense of where exactly the RC stands in todays society. There has always been a barely concealed zest for power in terms of wealth and influence in the RC, which has been the case for centuries. These are facts that are basically accepted by all and ignored by most aswell.
What it boils down to with me is personal experience and that has led me to meet many intelligent, friendly and caring priests. I haven't had any bad experiences, yet if I had never met a priest I would presume that they were part of a rapist clan that have no other motives other than to search and destroy the innocents by reading through posts on this site alone.
I believe that there is a place for faith in peoples lives and I also believe that the church has done plenty of good throughout the world and should continue to do so after a serious revision of its place in society. I don't regularly attend mass and pray on occassion although I do believe in God. It's a divisive subject and that is a failing for the church in itself, as it should be a subject people either want to embrace or ignore and not detest.

Back