Palmerstown, Dublin

saw the village pub and looks nice from outside,stone building etc.Anyway need to drag husband there yet to view area and we will get a much better idea of surrounding areas.Thanks staples.

well hard decision but have decided have to walk away from the gorgeous house and friendly estates in Palmerstown. The reason for us is the commute to work would literally kill us. I have been out on 2 week days now and 2 weekends days (after today as we need to return item to a shop in LV) and know it is too long for us. If you work in West Dublin or perhaps no further than Christchurch, I would recommend you consider it. Some great value there at the moment and prices continue to drop due to the general market trends.

Hey guys and cluchieindub,

I'm now a jackeen in Cavan (!) But I grew up in Chapelizod which is a 5 min. walk from Palmerstown, most of my friends were from Palmerstown, most of my customerbase was there, I spent many years there, etc. and I really like it. The location is lovely and practical. It's on the N4, you're right beside the M50, you've got anything you want (products/services), the Liffey Valley center is up the road and the people are grand.

I wouldn't myself live up the southside of Palmerstown, which is closer to Ballyfermot and Clondalkin now. But would the rest. I say yes, it's a grand place to live. :D

The pubs are grand, Palmerstown House is probably nicer than the Silver Granite but they're both fine, Silver Granite used to have wine tasting evenings upstairs. They're not Cocoon or Cafe en Seine as you're probably not going to see zero size models snorting coke in the jacks, but some people are fine without that so would be happy enough with normal suburban pubs like those in Palmerstown.

keep clear of whitethorn, nice houses but practically in clondalkin and bit of a rough crowd

Back