Paedophilia = Friendship that crossed a line?

It doesn't change the fact that I wasn't taught at school that gay=sin.
So what were you taught about homosexuality at school? I was at school in the 70s/80s and I don't think I was taught either that gay = sin - but only because I don't think homosexuality/being gay was mentioned EVER. I don't think I was taught that paedaophilia is a sin either - but again only because it was never mentioned. What was drummed into us was that all sexual activity outside of marriage (even in your thoughts...) was considered a sin so given that gay marriage is not recognised, I suppose by extension, if you knew there was such a thing as gay sex, you would know it was automatically a sin?

Thats pretty much how it went for me too. I didnt even know there was such a thing as homosexuality until I was in my teens and the "Dont die of ignorance" Aids ad campaigns were in full force.

That's my point really re: gay = sin. I would doubt that it would come up when teaching 4-12 year olds.

This bishop in the news again

[broken link removed]

I heard an interview with Patsy McGarry yesterday on Drivetime about his article above. I have always had a lot of respect for McGarry. It seems the bishop denied his accusation in a statement. McGarry is more than willing to challenge that statement and has sources to back it all up.