Paddy the Plasterer

No, the one from Ballyjamesduff (or whatever it's called).

So if Paddy the Plasterer, Eddie the Electrician, Cathal the Carpenter, Paudie the Plumber, Terry the Tiler and Bob the Blocklayer all got together shure couldn't they have built the house alltogether without any need for money changing hands ? Much better idea than a whip round in a pub.

(forgot, would they have needed C2's to do that work :rolleyes: )

So if Paddy the Plasterer, Eddie the Electrician, Cathal the Carpenter, Paudie the Plumber, Terry the Tiler and Bob the Blocklayer all got together shure couldn't they have built the house alltogether without any need for money changing hands ? Much better idea than a whip round in a pub.

LOL :D

As I recall, "Paddy the Plasterer" was how Bertie referred to him in the Bryan Dobson interview. It was distinguish him from another Paddy Reilly who also contributed to the dig-out.

And it was Bertie who brought up the pohrase "dig out" too in that same interview. so blaming the media for using such phrases is like...eh...shooting the messenger (!) :D

Pat the COPE Gallagher (note spelling and it's pronounced that way too, which, no doubt, he thinks adds to his image), is named so after his father, who founded (and probably made a fortune) a co-operative in Dungloe.

Remember him nearly crying during the interview...should have gotten an Oscar for that.

Surely they could come up with some other way of distinguishing between them other than referring to one of them as Paddy the Plasterer. Sounds like something from kid's TV, like "Bob the Builder."
I remember when Bertie made history by signing some electronic signature somethingorother with Bill Clinton and there was a plaque. I remember reading "William Jefferson Clinton" and thinking right now I'll read Bertie's full name, but it just said "Bertie Ahern". Didn't quite measure up. So maybe Bertie is his full name? Or is it Bartholemew?

the name is
Patrick Bartholomew "Bertie" Ahern
according to wikipedia

Clinton's real name on birth cert is William Blythe - same as the British naval captain of mutiny on the bounty and Bull Island fame. Interesting that both of these chancers dont use their genuine names ("Bertie" is short for Albert, "Bart" is the shortened version of Bartholomew).

And what about Liam the land man, Dessie the developer and Sean the Speculator. How would they have got what they wanted ?

It reminds me of the great Bob Geldofs song from many years ago, " Banana Republic".

Paddy helped Bertie out.

RTE have turned him into a legand.

Bertie got a mandate.

The whole dig out thing is just a bore.

Bertie got a mandate.
Based on extremely selective disclosure of the facts behind and around his various cash receipts.

e.g. from today's Indo;
Mr Ahern had said in his famous RTE news interview in September 2006 that he had "dealt with this properly in terms of taxes" when referring to money gift of around stg£8,000 he received in Manchester.

But a Revenue district manager has written to Mr Ahern to say: "I can find no record of this issue having been addressed."

The Taoiseach also said his two claimed dig-outs in Ireland -- which supposedly netted him IR£22,500 and around IR£16,500 respectively -- had been cleared with the authorities, telling the Dail on September 27, 2006: "I checked the matter with senior counsel and the tax authorities long ago."

But the Revenue have told the Taoiseach in writing that they have no record of the matter ever being raised with them.

Back