Otel.com - Not Refunding Booking for Closed Hotel

I think it’s pretty clear-cut that a non-refundable hotel room charge becomes refundable if it transpires that the hotel is closed for the relevant dates.

I think so too. My worry is trying to get an answer from an operator who may go under. Hopefully the Card Chargeback will work though.

I've just had a similar scenario via booking.com - non-refundable booking made for a hotel in Jersey, the hotel have given me a voucher for the value of the booking to be used by October 2021. I could have re-booked with no penalty for this year, but I don't know what the state of play with the airlines will be. I contacted the hotel via the booking.com "assistant".

My experience was excellent with Booking.com too. I had a number of bookings in the USA for this year and they have arranged refunds back to me despite the bookings being 'non refundable'.

I think it’s pretty clear-cut that a non-refundable hotel room charge becomes refundable if it transpires that the hotel is closed for the relevant dates.

Agreed - unless you are happy with a voucher, it's a clear cut case that if they can't provide the service the non-refundable issue goes away.

Back