Opinions on Painting house/rooms

A

Anon2398

I'm hoping someone with an artisitc eye can give me some advise on the above.

I'm in the middle of a house redecoration. I love strong colors and last house had color everywhere, which we loved, but it was a little overdone. So on this house we decided to stay with strong colors but tone down. So what I've done on the rooms I've painted so far (with same plan for most of rest of house) is to use the strong color on one or two walls in a room, and use a white or cream on the others. My concern is that when the house is finished it will look very "bitty", thrown together and unplanned.

Any opionons or thoughts on this? I know its very much personal choice but I'd love others opinions.

Thanks.

Maybe this might be of some help to you?

[broken link removed]

I think that you can also get free and commercial PC packages that allow you to preview colour schemes (possibly using digital photos of your own rooms in some cases?).

painting

No, it won't look "bitty" at all. My brother and his wife have done that in their house (apart from in the kitchen) and it looks fabulous.

Instead of painting one wall a stronger colour, you could paint the ceiling a paler shade of what is on the wall. I have seen that in someone else's house and it also looks great.

I would be inclined to leave one or two rooms the traditional way though.

Re: painting

Thanks - that's what I wanted to hear!!! And thanks for the tip re the ceiling, good idea.

Re: painting

A good tip is to look st 'heritage/period' colours by Dulux and Crown. Their colours (and they do a lot of strong colours) are often nicer and less 'acidic' than the standard charts.
cheers,
Diziet

Painting rooms

I have this done in my own house and I'm very happy with it.

One other idea is to stencil across the top of the walls, stencil the feature wall in cream and the cream walls with the darker colour from the feature wall

Back