Operation Freeflow

Purple said:
Higher VRT, higher road taxes and more tolls. That's the answer to our traffic problems; price the poor off the road. ;)

I'd propose lightly different solution. Remove VRT and road tax. Just increase the tax on petrol and the cost and number of tolls. Pay for play principle.

Given todays newspaper revelations, does anyone really think that Ivor the Engine actually cares about traffic flowing freely. Sure isn't he trying to increase the cars on the road by offering one to his former assistant to keep her from resigning :D

ronan_d_john said:
.. Given todays newspaper revelations .. offering one to his former assistant to keep her from resigning :D

Is that a different revelation to the one in the Independent cos I thought it was a bloke he was trying to dissuade :p ?

As a former resident of Dublin North Central and the son of someone who knew Ivor's in-laws well, the current news is a source of great schadenfreude to me.

Back on message ..

Is it just me or is Operation Freeflow always pants in the first week or so ?

TarfHead said:
Is that a different revelation to the one in the Independent cos I thought it was a bloke he was trying to dissuade :p ?

Yes, that's the one. Too lazy to read past the headlines.

Regarding Freeflow, I notice someone earlier complimenting Freeflow for the freely flowing M50.

This was written this morning, and everyone knows that Friday mornings on the M50 are quieter than any other day.

I e-mailed Ivor this week asking him to sort out the N31 Leopardstown (southbound) M50 exit as part of Operation Freeflow. Has taken upwards of an hour this week to get from start of sliproad to the top of the roundabout.

All because of a poorly designed (prioritised) roundabout at the top of it. Have seen nothing yet, but I did get an automated response (3 days later??) saying that they'd respond to me within 12 days. (I wonder if this is with full staff, or current staffing levels :D ).

I came onto the M50 at the N7 junction at 7.50 this morning and was in Glasnevin at 8.10. That's pretty good to me.

Back