online bank fraud

Daisymurphy

I tried to buy an item on line from America using my ulster bank debit card. I was helping a sick friend try to buy some medical equipment.
The company did not have the item i wanted and did not ship to Ireland-i
Did some research to look up company-they are good company-in business for 30 years.
so i forgot all about it-until a few days later when I rang my telephone bank and discovered that all my saving had been cleared out of my account. Multiply amounts of the exact same amount (1676.72) were taken out within a few seconds of each other and only stopped as my i had no money left to cover the amount.
I immediately got on the phone to the fraud department at ulster bank. They knew nothing about the transactions and tried to say it was my fault for trying to use my card.
I never took out this amount of money in my life. It was all in us dollars. Ulster bank stated "that no flags were raised by the multiple transactions of exact amounts
Since then I have received 3 amounts back but they keep trying to get me to fill out a retail dispute form. And are refusing to refund one payment of over the first payment that was withdrawn.
I can not fill out the retail dispute form as i didn't order any goods-there is no delivery date. I feel i am a victim of a fraud but they are now refusing to deal with my case unless i fill not the retail dispute form. Please help-i can not afford to loose this money

Whats the problem with filling out the retail dispute form, is there something in it that dilutes your rights or something?
What have you to lose by filling it out, you can always write on it that you are doing so under protest, at the bank's instance and that you are not forgoing any rights you may have by not filling it out.

Clearly if you did enough on the site to give your card details etc.
You did order the goods and only at that point did you realise that the didn't ship to Ireland.

Since then I have received 3 amounts back but they keep trying to get me to fill out a retail dispute form. And are refusing to refund one payment of over the first payment that was withdrawn.

When you take this up with the financial ombudsman [FO], you need to be clear on what happening here: you say multiple amounts got taken.
Then you got three amounts back but....... I can't follow the rest.
The FO won't deal with the case if
a: you have not gone through the UB complaints process
b: the paperwork is in any way sloppy.

I presume the money was cleared out of the same account attached to the card and not a second account? (your reference to savings, I'm presuming that it was not a separate saving account)

Secondly, had you registered for Ulster Bank secure in advance of trying to make the original transaction?. If not, UB may try and use that as a defense
http://digital.ulsterbank.ie/personal/current-accounts/debit-cards.html

lastly you may have an entitlement for a chargeback, see attached for further advice on this
http://www.consumerhelp.ie/chargeback

What is this registration for security in advance, why you you have to register, surely it should be automatic? Asking because I've a UB Visa debit myself. And I used it in America to withdraw cash.

I did not order any goods as they did not have the item i wanted. No one contacted me from bank to let me know that my account was cleaned out.
What is this registration for security in advance, why you you have to register, surely it should be automatic? Asking because I've a UB Visa debit myself. And I used it in America to withdraw cash.