Online Accountants/Account Auditors

O

obj

Hi All,
I am looking for advice on online acountants. I currently employ an online accountant. €50pm. I had already purchased TAS books 1 to keep my records. I supplied a copy of this to the accountant along with the TAS backup. I had expected that the company would analyse the data (all of which I have entered) and confirm that I have been doing it correctly - Now I have discovered that the company just restored the file and converted it to SAGE. Can some body poin me in the way of a company that will audit the way I am doing my accounts. I have the s/w already and feel that it is best to keep it all in the same format. I am willing to do the entering of the data into the software, file there returns myself - seeing as I had already setup the accounts and the ROS access.
Thank you in advance for your help/advice.

Regards.

Not sure about on line accountants but 50 bucks sounds like nout.. You should see my accountants bill .. More like 5K a year and we're not that big trust me...

A Lot of accountants offices use Sage for accounts preparation and converting files from TAS would be done to get the data into format for financial statements. The bookkeeping software you sue and the final accounting software they use for the financial statements may not necessarily be the same but it does not mean that there is a problem. It depnds on what you want them to do, are they just doing end-of-year financial statements or some of the bookkeeping too.

I currently employ an online accountant. €50pm.

As with the previous poster, I can't imagine that you are getting any sort of "accountant" service for such a small sum. I suspect that this fee may well be for the actual use of the software. Don't confuse this with an actual accountancy service where you benefit from assistance and advice on such areas as proper formatting of accounts, compliance with tax and company law, & tax planning,

I had already purchased TAS books 1 to keep my records. I supplied a copy of this to the accountant along with the TAS backup. I had expected that the company would analyse the data (all of which I have entered) and confirm that I have been doing it correctly - Now I have discovered that the company just restored the file and converted it to SAGE. Can some body poin me in the way of a company that will audit the way I am doing my accounts. I have the s/w already and feel that it is best to keep it all in the same format. I am willing to do the entering of the data into the software, file there returns myself - seeing as I had already setup the accounts and the ROS access.

I suspect that you will have great difficulty sourcing an auditor who will audit your accounts on these terms, due to the immense regulatory restrictions on such work.

When you say you are hiring an on-line account what exactly do you mean?

Are they providing an on-line book keeping software package that you entry you accounts into?

Or are they just an accountant you communicate with via email?

The company is checking my accounts, I have entered them in TAS and they are checking the entries and filing returns. I also have some communication via email.

The company is checking my accounts, I have entered them in TAS and they are checking the entries and filing returns. I also have some communication via email.

What returns are they filing, are they doing your VAT and Payroll? Sounds to me like the 50€/month is for something like that. It's hardly for end of year accounts etc.

Hi OBJ - Might i suggest, without offence, that you are mixing up Book Keeping Services with Accountants. Have you employed bookkeepers or accountants? From my experience there is a world of difference.

Ed

Back