Obscure Trivia

... Does this qualify as obscure trivia, or just nerdishness :eek: ?
Which would you prefer? Personally my preference is for recognition in 'trivia obscura' rather than mere 'nerdishness':D

Richard Burton and Anthony Hopkins were born in the same town in Wales, bach.

In Shawshank Redemption the photo ID of the young Red (Morgan Freeman) on his Release Approval document is a photo of Freeman's son. It was a police photo of him after he was convicted for joyriding.

The character Santos in the West Wing was based on Albama.

LOL I meant Obama.....

.. Barack Obama.

President Obama's White House Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel, is cited as the basis for the Josh Lyman character in The West Wing.

Since TWW finished long before either Obama or Emanuel hijacked Josiah Bartlet's White House, I wonder who is really based on who (or is that whom? ) :rolleyes:

In Shawshank Redemption the photo ID of the young Red (Morgan Freeman) on his Release Approval document is a photo of Freeman's son. It was a police photo of him after he was convicted for joyriding.

Freeman's son is actually in the movie. In the scene where the new prisoners are arriving, he's the inmate chanting "fresh fish".

In Grease, one of the waitresses at the soda/shake joint that the 'teenagers' (many of whom are actually in their late 20s or more) is none other than Ellen Travolta - John's older sister.

In the same vein (but probably not very obscure) in Goodfellas, the old lady who plays Tommy's (Joe Pesci's) mother is actually director Martin Scorcese's mother.

In Grease ..

in Goodfellas ..

In Grease .. Rizzo grew up to be First Lady Abby Bartlett

In Goodfellas .. the kid shot in the foot by Tommy DeVito (Joe Pesci) grew up to be Christoper Moltisanti in The Sopranos

In Grease, one of the waitresses at the soda/shake joint that the 'teenagers' (many of whom are actually in their late 20s or more) is none other than Ellen Travolta - John's older sister.

Wasn't JT's mother in the movie too? She was also a waitress in the diner if I recall?

Wasn't JT's mother in the movie too? She was also a waitress in the diner if I recall?

Nope - don't think so.

His mother (Helen, not Ellen) however did play a woman in the paint shop in Saturday Night Fever. Which is a link of sorts.

I was a member of An Garda Siochana in an episode of Podge & Rodge - A Scare at Bedtime..! :eek:

Egon in Ghostbusters (Harold Ramis) actually co-wrote the movie and directed Caddyshack and Groundhog day.

Richard Burton and Anthony Hopkins were born in the same town in Wales, bach.

Yeah, you can actually hear this too - their accents are very similar.

In Grease .. Rizzo grew up to be First Lady Abby Bartlett

In Goodfellas .. the kid shot in the foot by Tommy DeVito (Joe Pesci) grew up to be Christoper Moltisanti in The Sopranos

Yep. (aloof sniff) Knew that. ;)

Nope - don't think so.

His mother (Helen, not Ellen) however did play a woman in the paint shop in Saturday Night Fever. Which is a link of sorts.

Ah, maybe that's what I was thinking of - thanks Caveat!! I do get me obscure trivia mixed up sometimes....:)

In the same vein (but probably not very obscure) in Goodfellas, the old lady who plays Tommy's (Joe Pesci's) mother is actually director Martin Scorcese's mother.

And the painting (man in boat with two dogs) she shows the guys is hanging on the wall in Sean's Bar, Athlone. The oldest bar in Ireland and Britain, established in 900 AD.

And the painting (man in boat with two dogs) she shows the guys is hanging on the wall in Sean's Bar, Athlone. The oldest bar in Ireland and Britain, established in 900 AD.

Really?

Sounds unlikely to me but if so, this has to be the winner so far...

Back