number of people in each category for vaccine?

johnwilliams

just wondering ,we are hearing about amount of people being vaccinated each week
so just wondering could anyone tell me how many people in each category (roughly)
in real numbers ,not percentages?

I have definitely seen an info graphic with a pyramid like that but can't find it again.

There are 72,500 people aged over 85.
There are 370,000 people aged between 18 and 64 were ranked at number seven.

An estimate from the Sunday Business Post - has different figures for group 7 that has been listed over the weekend.

EpNAih_W4AAhc6j

Does this not mean that pregnant women and children will need to be vaccinated to achieve 'herd immunity' considering 100% of other groups won't choose to be vaccinated. And none of the vaccines are licensed for Children?

Does this not mean that pregnant women and children will need to be vaccinated to achieve 'herd immunity' considering 100% of other groups won't choose to be vaccinated. And none of the vaccines are licensed for Children?
There are some trials on effectiveness of vaccines on children planned, pregnancy will always be a gap but I'd imagine women who are pregnant will get the vaccine after their baby arrives.

The above figures wouldn't be 100% accurate either but are probably the best we'll ever get

thanks for that chart ,we hear weekly vaccinated numbers and total vaccinated out of how many in that group.
but knowing the numbers remaining to be vaccinated based on above graph and how close/closer we are to the next group is for me a morale booster

Do we know when they start vaccinating the over 65 year olds?

Keep an eye on the Data Hub.

It will give you some idea of how vaccination is moving through the cohorts.

It shows numbers vaccinated so far in each cohort.

The data is a few days behind so for today it shows the numbers vaccinated up to April 4th.

However, it is updated regularly.

Bear in mind that 2nd dose vaccines are factored in from ongoing supplies as they must be administered within, I think, a twelve-week period of the first dose.

Not the first time you've had a snide dig at teachers Purple, did you enjoy school yourself? You previously posted that children don't spread the virus which is false given the high positivity rates in childcare settings. These 25 year old teachers are the ones going into primary school classrooms with 30 unmasked humans some of whom - and I've had it happen to me - sneeze and snot into your face and all over your hands. How comfortable would you be with that?

I accept that it's lower risk than with adults but it's a damn sight higher risk than for those HSE employees working from home who got themselves vaccinated. For the record, I support the age-based rollout because it targets those at higher risk of serious health issues first and - I suspect the real reason - it's so simple even the labyrinthine Irish healthcare system should be able to manage it.

You previously posted that children don't spread the virus which is false given the high positivity rates in childcare settings.

The same report that showed up to a 10% positivity rate in childcare settings clearly stated schools were lower risk. The 25 year old teachers aren't the ones dying with Covid.

Are "18-54 year olds" still to be treated as s single group? That doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Why not start with the 54 year olds and go down a year incrementally every couple of days?

I agree Leo,
The same report that showed up to a 10% positivity rate in childcare settings clearly stated schools were lower risk. The 25 year old teachers aren't the ones dying with Covid.
which is why I said I support the age-based rollout.

Reactions: Leo
Compare a teacher with someone on a checkout in a Supermarket.
Good pay vs low pay
Public vs private
Union vs non-union
30 kids vs 100’s adults
Bubbles vs non-bubbles
Etc, etc, etc.

The teachers want all the praise and glory of being a “front line worker” but none of the reality.

Let's look at your points from a contagion point of view:
Good pay vs low pay: virus doesn't care
Public vs private: virus doesn't care
Union vs non-union: virus doesn't care
30 kids vs 100’s adults: a second-level teacher could have 8 or 9 different classes, i.e. over 200 teenagers. Granted they are masked and probably distanced so that's similar to a supermarket worker. Primary teachers spend five hours a day with 30 unmasked pupils. Time spent indoors is a key factor. A plastic screen isn't an option. Contact between supermarket workers and shoppers is relatively brief and transient.
Bubbles vs non-bubbles: not quite sure what your point is.

Anyone who really knows what's going on in schools this year understands. I repeat, I am in favour of the age-based rollout.

Just as an aside , Dunnes , Supervalu and Tesco are unionised.
As are Brown Thomas , Marks and Spencers , Penneys, Argos and Boots amongst others.

Are "18-54 year olds" still to be treated as s single group? That doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Why not start with the 54 year olds and go down a year incrementally every couple of days?
It will be in 5year groups, so 50-54 will be 1st group followed by 45-49 etc

Back