NTL say no signal in my apartment. What should i do?

mer

Hi there,
I wonder if anyone can help. I recently bought a new apartment which had NTL points already wired up, 2 different men from NTL have been out to connect me but couldnt get a signal. They told me to phone customer service and arrange for one of the engineers to come out and take a look. This was the 29th of October and i have been on to NTL a few times a week ever since, sometimes they tell me theres nothing that can be done, sometimes they tell me a call has been put in for an engineer and they are waiting to hear back and sometimes they put me on hold and never come back. I know other apartments in my building have NTL with no problems so I cant really understand how i cant have a signal (i'm in a corner unit) and wondering is it possible that i wont be able to get it and if not, what will i do then? We are not allowed have satelite dishes. Any suggestions?
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere already.

What area are you in?

something similar happened to me and NTL said they tested the area and there was no signal so I had no choice but to get SKY. We had a dish on the roof of the building for everyone.

Maybe call the management company or knock into your neighbours and see what they did, I highly doubt everyone in your building is without TV!

If you bought the apartment new, and it was stated in the brochure that the apartment would be 'wired for tv' then I would imagine they (builder/EA) have a legal right to make sure you are in fact wired correctly for tv.

I would go back to the builders/estate agents first and let them know you want it fixed asap. See what they say. It could even be a fault on their part, i.e. incorrect/faulty wiring?

Hi,

Im in booterstown and i know for a fact that other people in the building have NTL working perfectly, thats what makes it so hard for me to understand why i cant get it!!! The apartment is all wired up for TV with NTL points!

If that is the case then it is a problem with the wiring up to the apt. This was either done by NTL engineers or the builders themselves. I would write a strong letter and send a copy to each, outlining what you want done and by when.

Put in a timeline in the letter, i.e. "I would like a response by..." and "If the problem is not fixed by...".

Hopefully this will progress the matter!

Back