Northside House Wanted

J

jojo

Hello
I'm looking to buy a house on the Northside of Dublin if anyone knows of any for sale, especially around Royal Oak, Aulden Grange, Santry or Coolock, ideally without going through an estate agents.
Cheers

jojo said:
Hello
I'm looking to buy a house on the Northside of Dublin if anyone knows of any for sale, especially around Royal Oak, Aulden Grange, Santry or Coolock, ideally without going through an estate agents.
Cheers

JoJo

I too am looking for a house in these areas and would have to say that there are none at the moment for sale even through estate agents. I get the impression that nobody sells their house anymore without using an estate agent and the houses that have gone up for sale in these areas over the last while have sold for 30 to 40 grand more than the asking price

Guys - hate to rain on your parade/be negative but just recently moved out of royal oak. House went for 30K over asking price and although we had made improvements - there was no major extension or anything like it. Peronally I don't think it was worth it! I think Royal Oak has gone downhill and if you ask Santry Gardai there are a lot of public disturbance issues around there at the moment too. An awful lot of houses there are rented now too which means they aren't well maintained and we had some awful neighbours. Lots of nice settled families there too but we got to the stage where it just wasn't our cup of tea anymore. Horses for courses though. If it suits you and all that. Just my tuppence worth!

Back