Noisy dogs - Dazer product effectiveness

I dunno, 30 years ago when I was a little 'un I'd remember dogs barking at night... thankfully not next door to me

After warning the owner of the dog that doesn't even belong on my street about his dog barking, I told him the next time it appeared I would drive it to the dog pound myself. Of course I didn't, I'm a big woose !!

Just do it. You can notify the owner after the dog has been driven off that the dog warden came and took it - that gives him a chance to retrieve it, and also a fright about leaving it out.

Im not suggesting you send the dog to the pound and say nothing, but certainly sending it to the pound may give the owner the kick up the whatever he needs.

or give the dog to an animal charity. tell them you found it straying and can't keep it. They'll rehome it hopefully into a better environment. The owner needs to know nothing about it!

But I have been tempted. I cannot understand the mentality of folk these days who would not be the least bit worried about leaving a dog out at 7:30am to bark all day long in the street and annoy the neighbours. I would be affronted, but then again perhaps I have a social conscience, unlike many of the gulpins around now who seem to think they can do anything they want.

Back when I was young, if someones dog barked constantly it would have been brought inside in about 2mins, as people were worried about their neighbours. Now, its all so different.

And for the record, I love dogs. I just can't stand barking, especially when its constant for hours on end. I can hear nothing else.[/QUOTE]

or give the dog to an animal charity. tell them you found it straying and can't keep it. They'll rehome it hopefully into a better environment. The owner needs to know nothing about it!

Its actually not as easy to do this as you would imagine, a lot of the charities will not take in a stray unless it has suffered obvious neglect/cruelty or injury. Im afraid that a healthy dog in this country has the choice of its owners or the pound in a lot of cases. The charities just dont have the resources to rehome strays.

To the OP - you should talk to the neighbours, I was mortified when mine called around. We are at the front of the house and we didn't realise it was a problem, but now someone has called in, I feel I have to do something. PS - she wouldn't bark ALL the time, but enough to annoy a neighbour....which is still enough!!!

I suspect you are in the minority. From everything you hear, people nowadays seem to react with high indignation if anyone dares complain about their noisy dogs/anti-social teenagers etc and make the person complaining feel like they're the ones in the wrong.

But I have been tempted. I cannot understand the mentality of folk these days who would not be the least bit worried about leaving a dog out at 7:30am to bark all day long in the street and annoy the neighbours. I would be affronted, but then again perhaps I have a social conscience, unlike many of the gulpins around now who seem to think they can do anything they want.

Back when I was young, if someones dog barked constantly it would have been brought inside in about 2mins, as people were worried about their neighbours. Now, its all so different.

And for the record, I love dogs. I just can't stand barking, especially when its constant for hours on end. I can hear nothing else.[/QUOTE]

I think that is the crunch that some people dont have a social conscience anymore I know I would be so upset if I thought I was upsetting my neighbours in anyway as that is the way we were brought up to respect other people and their wellbeing. We owned a dog when I was young and he was trained not to bark in enclosed area my father would get very upset at the thought of him upsetting other peoples lives so that is why I cant understand other peoples mentality.

RMCF i agree, there is nothing worse. Neighbours on either side f me had no regard for anyone. Both their dogs bark from 7am. This is most annoying on weekends-i just dont understand the complete lackof basic manners

Back