No money given at ATM

it doesnt take 10 days,

it only depends on how often the ATM is balanced & reviewed. In branch this is done weekly, other ATM's (the stand alone ones in shops/petrol stations) wouldnt be balanced as quickly.

What happens usually is the cash was not put into the machine straight (the note may have been bent) in the ATM & couldnt get out so it redirects itself to an overflow tray.

As SparkRite said, not true Sue Ellen. The machine would hardly let you select an invalid amount, tell you all was ok, debit that amount from your account, and just not bother giving it to you!!

We have both a current and cashsave account with AIB and all of the machines that I have used over the past few years have restricted withdrawals to €300.00. This has happened on both in-store and external ATMs. I'm also referring to BoI, Ulster Bank and AIB machines.

Sssshhh - JR has the wool pulled over her eyes. Keeps the vodka consumption under control.

Sure where would €300 get you when buying vodka ;)

Not sure what the point is in posting what your own cards are restricted to Sue Ellen. All I was pointing out was that your obesevationthat the daily limit on ATMs is 300, which it is not.

We have both a current and cashsave account with AIB and all of the machines that I have used over the past few years have restricted withdrawals to €300.00. This has happened on both in-store and external ATMs. I'm also referring to BoI, Ulster Bank and AIB machines.

Sure where would €300 get you when buying vodka ;)

Hi Sue Ellen:)
We have AIB cashsave and current and the limit is 600 euros from each account daily,from any of the major banks.
The only diff is if I go to a supermarket or petrol station and the limit is lower.
If I were you I would check with AIB why you have a low limit.Even back 20 years ago we had a high withdrawal limit

Net64

Hi Sue Ellen:)
We have AIB cashsave and current and the limit is 600 euros from each account daily,from any of the major banks.
The only diff is if I go to a supermarket or petrol station and the limit is lower.
If I were you I would check with AIB why you have a low limit.Even back 20 years ago we had a high withdrawal limit

Net64

Hi :)

Thanks for that. I might well do so because I found it a pain recently when I needed quite a bit of cash and did not want the bother of queueing in a branch so I withdrew funds over a few days.

I have a recollection of also checking this limit in an AIB branch many moons ago and was told that the daily limit was €300.00 so perhaps things have changed since then. It may well be a restricted amount on our cards or just the machines in our area only allow €300 despite some being indoor and others outdoor ATMs.

S.E.

Hi Sue Ellen, I bank with AIB and my limit is €600 daily for withdrawals!

Update - the money was returned to the account. She rang them every day, very helpful girl in BofI took her calls every day and hassled AIB for it, by the sounds of it. So alls well that ends well, and we can pay the creche!!

Back