Nissan Qashqai..opinions?

the blue book is produced by the SIMI and distributed to garages quarterly. Ask the salesman for a look at it. I've done it.

Another way to value your car for the trade in is to visit cbg.ie and calculate the average for your type of car. Then knock up to €2,000 off that.

recently bought a new car and the dealer gave me 2000 off for NOT trading anything in.When I asked him how they could do this he said they factored the 2 grand into the price of the new car.He told me if i was ever going to trade in i would be better off selling the car privately and then getting the 2000 discount off the dealer.

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and actually buying a new car...the Nissan Qashqai. I have a test drive scheduled for Friday. I've scoured the 'net for reviews and they generally look positive. However, I'd like to hear the opionion of AAM'ers on whether this is a good buy or whether I'd be better off spending my €25k elsewhere. Thanks.

Eddie Cunningham in the Indo gave it 4.5 / 5, something he said was very rare for him to do, for any car.

I have recently purchased a 1.5 Dci Qashqai(Kash-kye), I have been told I will have it by mid March, however if I had waited any longer I would have to wait until June. Production in Factory can't keep up with demand. I reckon depreciation might not be as good as a toyota or VW but after 3 years what will the difference be, max E1,000. VW are vvvBoring, and I have a Toyota company vehicle and the dealer service is a disgrace. I have traded in a 05 Renault for my Qashqai, so I can tell you a thing or two about depreciation.

I have a '99 Primera SRI and thinking of upgrading , Been a Nissan man for a long time but hate the new Primera's look and shape. Was thinking seriously about the '07 Octavia 1.9 dL, Have looked at the Qashqai but takes a while to grow on you , can anyone advise please.......

I have a '99 Primera SRI and thinking of upgrading , Been a Nissan man for a long time but hate the new Primera's look and shape. Was thinking seriously about the '07 Octavia 1.9 dL, Have looked at the Qashqai but takes a while to grow on you , can anyone advise please.......

If you really are a "Nissan man", by all accounts it should be a no-brainer for you!

The Qashqai has received almost universally positive reviews - I think it actually looks great too.

I think its Cash-Ki

i feel a poll starting for the worst named car of 2007

The name alone puts me right off it - What are they thinking of?
As has been said, it rhymes with: Cash-cow plus:
* Quosh orange
* car-key
* Squashy

"What do you drive...?"
"Oh, I drive a Quoshy. Yes, aaaabsolutely fabulous car - the name makes it soooo special and I looove it"

I think Nissan's Marketing Dept put their graduate from "Zoolander" School of recognisability in charge of the project!

A secret source within Nissan's HQ revealed that other names shortlisted were:
Nissan Whatsthatsay
Nissan Unpronounceable
Nissan Stupidnamecar

I agree it's a silly name alright, but after a while the public become desensitised to names.

After all, I'm sure everyone thought Beetle, Golf etc were silly names for cars when they first heard them!

Not to distract from the main subject of the topic, but there has been a bit of a move in recent years to jizz names of cars up a bit.

Nissan have headed the list at the sillier end... 'Tiida' (or Tiredaya)runniing The Squashedquay a close second.

God be with the days of Datsun when the dopeyist it got was Sunny 120Y or Violet 180B - and at least they used real words.

I suppose they've always been with us - but now more than ever. Other examples of the crop of madey-uppy names are Zafira (joined now by cousin Antara), Sintra, Modus, Aygo, Kangoo, Xantia, Prius etc.

The daftest name for a car ever - and maybe the daftest ever car as well? - is the 'Mohs Ostentatienne Opera Sedan' . Do a search for that and see - Lady Penelope would have been proud!

and at least they used real words.

Yeah totally agree. Words that are not in English are not "real" words and there should be a ban on using them for car names, or any name in fact. Also it probably would be a good idea to ban all non-english-speaking people of the world from driving while we are at it. And generally ban all those "unreal" languages.
Away with the unfamiliar and new, give us "white" stuff any day...

:)

I am intrigued! Do you have a translation for 'Qashqai'? What is the language and what does it mean????

If you have another for 'Tiida' that would be great as well! - we could learn so much about these cars from the translations.

This is nothing to do with the topic but I find it fascinating how cars can change names and brands in different markets - great examples on cars are the Fiat Ritmo/Strada, Daihatsu Domino/Cuore, Nissan Micra/March & sunny/sentra. Branding difference include Opel/Vauxhall/Holden, Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus, Dacia/Aro, the whole Chrysler/Simca thing from the 70s.

I am intrigued! Do you have a translation for 'Qashqai'? What is the language and what does it mean????

If you have another for 'Tiida' that would be great as well! - we could learn so much about these cars from the translations.

This is nothing to do with the topic but I find it fascinating how cars can change names and brands in different markets - great examples on cars are the Fiat Ritmo/Strada, Daihatsu Domino/Cuore, Nissan Micra/March & sunny/sentra. Branding difference include Opel/Vauxhall/Holden, Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus, Dacia/Aro, the whole Chrysler/Simca thing from the 70s.

I heard that Qashqai is arabic or something.

Toyota & Lexus are separate brands BTW (though Toyota own Lexus)

Tiida:"Tiida (meaning "ever changing tide" in a Japanese dialect)" [broken link removed]

Qashqai: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qashqai (it's not Arabic)

I think What Paul meant with Toyota/Lexus was the way the same car is branded under different names in different markets. For example, Lexus IS series was Called Toyota Altezza in Japan, and Lexus RS serious Toyota Harrier, and GS Series Toyota Aristo! These are not different cars based on the same chassis (i.e. VW Golf vs Audi A3), these are the SAME car! So he's right in that, at the end of the day it's just marketing mumbo-jumbo. But look at it as a way of expanding your knowledge of the otherwise unknown cultures and languages. Not everyone in the world speak English!

Everyday is schoolday! I stand corrected and find this seriously interesting stuff!

Anyone else interested in this?

(apologies to anyone logging on to find out about Nissan Qashqais)

Back