NHS entitlement - recently moved to N.Ireland


Frequent Poster
I have recently moved to N.Ireland for the near future from a border county in ROI.

I have income from the ROI only, none in the UK.

I've registered with a GP and provided the required proof of residency. I then received a letter from the NHS business division requesting further proof of residency, which I duly provided.

They have written to me again and are now asking for proof of tax residency with HMRC. This seems unreasonable but my entitlement to publicly funded healthcare will be withdrawn if I don't provide it.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Mods note: If this is the wrong forum please move


Frequent Poster
This link may help you with the taxation question. There is a Double Taxation Agreement between the UK and Ireland but you must declare your income in both the UK and Ireland to avail of any credit or exemption.