Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

Originally Posted by alaskaonline http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=710875#post710875
Nevernever08 - no kids
own/ occupy - no kids
graham hunga - no kids
Annpg - one 6 year old
bottomfeeder - 2 boys 10, 5 & 1 girl 8
franklin
shellym - one 6 year old
alaskaonline - one 2-year old (today is her birthday :D )
DOS19
Determined - 2 girls 8 & 5
Ev1
Cyn
Jay49er - no kids
Wenzelc
J59 - 3 children: 2 girls 8 and 9 one boy 4

August2008 - no kids (yet)
Eskei
Sel2 - one 9 year old

hi all

rang my mortgage broker as were so close to closing the sale to run things by her trying to sort out what sort of payments we're looking at when we signed our original loan offer in april it was at a fixed rate of 4.95% which was best on market at that time what i didn't know as we're first time buyers and i'm not up to scratch on the rates and what have ye is that we can only get our fixed rate what its at on the actual day we finally close aaaaah i did not have a clue so i got the fright of my life today rate is 5.9 at a fixed rate of 5 years still the cheapest on the market i looked in to it today but This post will be deleted if not edited immediately i wasn't expecting that at all they never explained at the time that you have to go by the rate on the actual day of closing so it can go up and up and my loan offer now expires on the 6th of october so if we don't sign by then we have to get a whole new loan offer and i needn't tell you i'm bricking it at this stage i haven't panicked the whole way through this process but if dcc don't get their heads out of their arses and get them final documents over to my solicitor in the next few days i'm going to have togo in there i'm sick of them now at this stage does anyone else feel the same ?

to j59. im in the same boat as u. im waitin 4 documents to go from dcc to my solicator. my contract was made up wrong back when they were first sent out. it was then supposed to be fixed on the first of sept but wasnt. dcc are the slowest people i have ever dealt with. dont worry about the mortgage. just get the house sorted first. if the repayments are too much u can always switch banks. im with ebs in artane. my rate is 5.4. works out about 1200 a month. i got that last january. when i thought i would be in the house 4 may. i know the manager he told me thats what i would pay whenever house was ready. never mentioned mortgage changing.this is the affordable housing we have to able be able to live. if my mortgage jumps up any more i dont think we could afford it. but i dont think it can go up. hope im right.

Hey everyone,

Haven't written in a long time but check up on all thats happening here most days. Went out to do a second snag this morning about two thirds of our original snag completed. It was so exciting to see the house. We also have those sliding doors they are going to be annoying I think, ours don't close fully. We are prob just gonna take them off.

We went to right price tiles on Sunday and got tiles for our kitchen/hallway, there was a sale on so got a good price. If anyone knows of a good tiler maybe you could post their details.

We are moving into number 44 (hopefully sometime soon!!). So perhaps some of ye are our neighbours.

Look forward to meeting you all!

Laura & Jamie

Yea got a good deal in Right Price myself, have my dad doing the tiling in my house at the moment, he may be available to do others, you can give him a call on 086 8791030 (Brian Davis) if interested.

hi graham

did you get a fixed rate?

going to start ringing around now find out is anything further happening
i'd check that out with your friend i thought that because i signed for 4.95% on that day that thats what i'd get but apparantely not you have to take the rate thats there on the day :(

all in all i think its still about €1200 a month but not if it keeps going up

Hiyis,

I'm with the same Building Soc and also got my mortgage approval in January - About 2 months ago I got a reviewed rate, the interest had increased by .5% (From 4.75 to 4.8 I think) which meant the mortgage was coming out at approx 1400 (about 1383 or sumtin)...having said that, when I apply for tax relief it'll be down to around 1200 - that's what I'm aiming for anyhow...my check is with my solc so I think my interest rate will have been set on the date of issue...
I've another couple of questions to my 'neighbours'...
Anyone know if we're getting a name plaque or a nice concrete slab type thingy with our road name???? Haven't seen anything yet... AND
Can we now put our address for the postman??? I've put my address on some stuff that I know I won't be getting post from for a few weeks, but am just wondering if the postman is delivering there yet??? I was up again yesterday...keep bringing family/friends up to show them around..I'll be picking up random strangers off the street next I'm that excited:p

hi i checked with with the bank. it has gone up. but not much. it might be an extra 10-20 quid. my mortgage works out about 1250 a month after tax relief. that includes all my insurance and also life insurance. so its not that bad. but he said it might go up again so get it fixed before it does.

i think we all lose tax relief. its just for first buyers. we dont even see the money they just credit your account. think thats how it works

I received a letter in the post yesterday to do my second snag from today. I only did the first one last Wednesday, i rang Mick and scheduled to go and have a look again today. Jaypers thats fast. Here's the letter in full if your interested.

Dear Me,

Your house is just ready for de-snagging. PLease make your arrangement to view with our foreman Mr Mick Boyle at 0862272350 from next Tuesday Sept 23rd.

We are now giving you 2 weeks notification to close. To this end, your solicitor can contact Mr Martin Browne, Solicitor of DCC with a view to closing on 3rd October 08.

On behalf of Moston, I wish you every success in your new home.

Your sincerely,

Tom O'Neill

hi all

just got my quote for my alarm

€650 all in

his name is anthony piggott the company is sound tech security

his mobile number is 087-9296766
office is 01 8473410

its the best quote i got so if yous are interested thats the number:)

That's great j50 - must give him a ring. Was up there at lunchtime and saw an alarm company van parked outside...can we install our alarms yet??? Could just have been a neighbour...

i'm not sure ann

my solicitor is still hoping to close by fri said he's going to update me in the morning i just told anthony next week some time he said that was grand just to give him a ring

Thanks Bottomfeeder I'll give him a bell. I may as well get him in directly after you. We don't drive yet so getting around to look for/pick up tiles is proving difficult. Will work it out.

I meant asking if anyone found scratches on their windows during the snag? This is not cool in our book, you wouldn't buy a new car with scratched windows!

So the bank knows, the solicitor knows, and now it's just a matter of finding a middleground with the builder on the snag. Happy days.

J&L

j59 - that sounds good with the alarm. i will certainly ring him, too. thanks a mill for the quote.

jay49er - ill take the advise of the others (from this morning) and check out right price tiles later on. just need to double check with the tiler option(s) but im sure that can be sorted.

friday is in 3 days lads!!! i haven't heard anything back from martin. was even thinking this morning - DCC had almost a year to sort out contracts, paper work etc. stuff that could have been done while the builders were building houses - i wonder why they "suddenly" realised that last minute is better :rolleyes:

Wow J59 that's the best price I've heard definitely going to give him a call. Tks for that, it'd be nice to know when we'll have keys to get these guys at the same time.

Bottomfeeder I'm also gonna give your dad a call re tiling.

What do you all reckon is the best order of work :
Tiling done before wood flooring is def a good idea, des kelly told me this as the moisture caused by tiling is best left to dry out before flooring is laid.

However how much wiring does the alarm need would it be best to wait till alarm is in then tiling is done so as wires can go underneath ????

I'm a bit clueless :)

I've relaxed on the sliding doors, just gonna get mick to take them down like you j59 (he mentioned to me he was doing this for you but said he didn't know how you'd get rid of them !!) Get the flooring done then.....I do like them (bizarre I know) get them re-hung.

Jay49er I also have big horrible scratches on the back doors. SO obvious with the sun streaming in on the morning I was there last. Thing is will they replace them at this stage ???

My snag man told me he reckoned we've got all we're going to get out of them at this stage so not sure how we find middleground or negotiate anything other than sticking our heels in and the longer the waiting goes on, my heels become unstuck iykwim.

Annpg I was thinking the same myself regards name plaque for street because until there's something I don't think postie would know what street we are.
Street lights aren't finished, fencing still around number 1, still some painting on the wall opposite j59 needs doing and I'm not sure if the rusted railings opposite me @ no 56 is coming down either.

I'm goin on hols end of Oct and would really love to get in and have house somewhat sorted but ............can it take much longer, I want in noooooowwwwwww :)

hi ye determined

i was up there today again my boyfriend he use to work at fitting in the window by rationel

there one of the better windows you can get but all of of our sashs arount the glass of the window are in bits he says it a very bad job on their behalf does any one else have any problems with the rubber seals and the frame work ours is all cracked our back patio door glass has to be replaced because of new deep scratches on it that weren't there in the first snag i'm finding new problems with the windows every time i go back !
they're a very expensive window to be repaired so i want to get it right before i sign off
as far as i know the wiring can go throug the second bedroom and the box under the fuse board i dont think it has anything to do with the flooring not sure though not an expert me self :)

sure ye can have a chat with him if ye decide to go with him

a chap i know is after them doors and rail it goes on building some sort of shed i think dont really care just as long as he gets rid of them for me ha ha !

oh by the way determined i put that patio door on my list when i was desnagging and he's getting me a new one said it won't be here for a few weeks but it will defo be replaced when it arrives

hi all. just a question. when you sign 4 the contracts and send them back can u start lettin people do work in the house. like paintin tileing and puttin floors in.

Back