Newark airport, NJ

• Thread starter infrequent flyer
  • Start date
I

infrequent flyer

Can anyone tell me about flying in to and out of Newark, NJ, USA. How far is it from NYC? Is there frequent and reasonably priced transport to and from the city?
Would it be better fly into JFK?
Any helpful advice would be great. Thank you.

Newark

Good link by the above poster. Fly to Newark - did this last year - you will have no problem with transport to NYC itself. It is all pretty straight forward.

better than JFK

Newark is better than JFK for ground transportation into Manhattan .... it's actually closer to midtown Manhattan than JFK ... the AIRTRAIN monorail service is pretty good ... takes you in a few minutes to the NJTransit station where you can get a train to Penn Station pretty frequently with a journey time of about 15 mins

JFK now has something similar but it is a longer transit from the airport to the Rail Station (Jamaica Station on the Long Island RR) .. and even when you get there I think the journey by train into town is just as long.

Cab Fares from both airports are similar .. both have a fixed fare system in operation - journey times by road are similar enough I think.

In summary ... Newark in my opinion is a better bet than JFK if you are going to Manhattan ... don't be put of by the fact it's in New Jersey anyway ... it's not far away at all.

great info

Thanks for the information, guys. All very helpful indeed.
I feel a lot better about the trip.

That was an excellent link to Newark Airport, too.

Thanks again.

Back