New York Hotels in early December

1. New York Golf Centre / W35th St. isn't bad although NYC is hardly a golfing paradise.
2. Can't help you there :(
3. Wouldn't you need a local prescription?
4. is your man for heli-tours. For river cruise, Circle Line is the market leader (I never did it though, probably because I was living there).
5. iPod or Mac laptop (you'll save on any laptop but the price differential is bigger for macs).
6. Sales tax in NYC is 8.375% and you have to ADD IT ON to displayed prices.

I believe it makes for a better holiday to experience the local culture. But each to his own!

Ah I see, cocktails in the Meatpacking District for you so Extopia ;)

I personally love the Irish Pubs in NY, I've been to many a 'lock-in' till 7/8 in the morning, but hey, as you say, each to their own!

I don't think the OP's wife would appreciate him dragging him into the pub and staying all night on their first trip to NYC. :)

Personally I love a few scoops, but I try to see more than the inside of the pub when abroad. And if I'm abroad, I don't want to be looking at shamrocks and shillelaghs. :)

Thks. Ex. for your reply but not sure about the OP comment.

By the way, it so happens that I HAVE indeed enjoyed cocktails in the meatpacking district. There are some excellent places around there, but I don't remember any of the names. :)

By the way, it so happens that I HAVE indeed enjoyed cocktails in the meatpacking district. There are some excellent places around there, but I don't remember any of the names. :)

Hmm, and you wonder why, with all them cocktails! Lotus perhaps? You big raver you!

Great thread ... heading in december as well and have yet to sort out accomodation. Someone in work suggested getting an appartment. Has anyone any experience with this?

Thanks

Hi
Going to NY in early November and have booked room in Herald Square Hotel http://www.heraldsquarehotel.com/. Stayed there years ago and it was fine - if a bit basic. It has been renovated since then and according to all the reviews on Tripadvisor seems like a good spot. It is on 31st Street - just around corner from Macy's and Empire State Building so perfect for shopping and dining. Rooms start at about $100 per night - which is great if you want don't want to spend too much on accommodation and more in the shops.

Off topic but are the helicopter tours any good? Was going to get one for my boyf for his birthday next month. We're heading there at the end of the year.

What about Radio City Apartments near Time Square - gets good reviews on TripAdvisor - We booked in for December too!

Back