New window - any recommendations?

Just to let you all know what the latest is. Parents got a call from "The Big Company with the ridiculous quote "( Dad told me the quote started at €36K in fact!!! the following Monday to ask how the saleman was?? Did they think he was efficient nice etc.

Dad was very polite but explained that the quote was outrageous and the girl was a bit taken aback but the call ended up with her offering Dad the windows for €18,000!!! How is that for a discount 1/2 price. Just a joke firm I think.

I asked another firm to come and quote for them and its €14,800!!! Dad is much happier with this one , even though I had suggested ringing more companies to get maybe 2 or 3 more. But my Dad was so chuffed with the quote and the guy was so quick with the whole thing, stayed about an hours in total that he has decided to go with them.
Funny, when I rang the new company for quote I explained that I did not want pushy saleperson to call and she said no we are not "insert company name". I was so taken aback by her realising who I was referring to without my actually saying the name that I just gasped!! Obviously the have a rep with other companies.

So everyone beware of the big boys, Have good mind to report them to trading standards or whoever about the whole thing.

Thanks to all who replied with suggestions, when the jpb is done I will let you all know how the job went!

Regards
Muffin

Back