New USA service from knock?

Yes that's the case ... for every non stop flight to the US operated by an airline from Dublin they must also offer one from Shannon

It doesn't have to be to the same destination - hence for example last year American Airlines did Chicago non stop from Dublin and Boston non stop from Shannon.

I think last summer anyway the LAX flights routed non stop from Dublin whereas most of the Boston flights went DUB-SNN-BOS to balance this.

From later on in the year under the new open skies agreement, the stopover will be totally abolished and airlines will only need to use it by choice. For example I am flying to JFK in November with Delta; when I originally booked in February, it stopped off in Shannon. Checked my booking a few weeks ago and it is now direct.

Except maybe for [broken link removed]? ;)

Actually, according to the airport's own reports, Delta, Continental and Aer Lingus have all announced increased ex-Shannon services since the compulsory stopover was abolished. Ryanair too, and FlyGlobespan are moving their Toronto service there from Knock as well. What's going on?

Back