New speed camera on the M50

Dave28: think it works like this. cops process photos. two cars in photo. count the lines on the road to see which car is travelling over the limit ie which car triggered the camera. if the guy on the outside covers the distance between the little white lines faster than the inside car he/she gets the fine/points. I asked a speed cop ( relative) how they would distinguish between a motorist travelling under the limit being overtaken by another motorist over the limit as a point where a camera was situated and he said they had no problem as they simply looked at which covered the distance between the road markings the fastest. looks like you got an out of jail card :)

Thanks Cuchulainn - thats interesting. I was guessing there's an individual camera for each lane but i thought that didnt make sense. As you say, i seem to have gotten a break this time ! But I'm usually very concious of the speed limits and would have paid my dues if the fine arrived. It's been 3 months now so I reckon I'll relax about it now !!

Back