New person in an old body seeks guidance

W

Waldie

Hello to all. I am a US pensioner living in Ireland and now an Irish citizen. My pensions are all paid into my US bank in dollars, and every month I must deposit larger and larger amounts into my Irish bank to purchase my Euro needs against a badly sliding dollar. My two investments are in dollar vehicles. One is tax free, and the other is taxable to the US. I have no tax liability to Ireland.
What I want to do is bleed available dollars and invest them in some Euro vehicle, little by little gaining some equity in a stable or appreciating Euro. I would hope to find a liquid investment such that I could tap into it from time to time without penalty, and one which does not have punishing tax consequences to either the US Intrernal Revenue or the Irish tax authorities. Are there such things as Mutual Funds which are not front-end loaded? Where should I go to see what is on the market, and must one use the services of a broker in all cases? In the US, various institutions offer funds withou the necessity of a broker who takes a cut of every movement of funds.
I am 75 years old, and my wife is 63, so we are not talking "long-term" here.
Any and all friendly suggestions would be deeply appreciated. The more of my assets that can be in Euro the better I will like it.

Back