New Ireland update their passive IRIS offering.

theObserver

(As a general FYI, New Ireland made this annoucement last Friday).

When the move to a lower level of risk starts
Currently, the Passive IRIS investment strategy starts to move from higher risk assets
to lower risk assets 15 years from your planned retirement date. This move, which takes
place gradually over time, will now start 10 years from your planned retirement date.
This means your investment will be exposed to higher risk assets for longer and the
potential for higher returns that higher risk assets can deliver is greater.

We are adding a more diverse range of assets within Passive IRIS. After these changes
are made, Passive IRIS will have:
• Broader exposure to different types of equities – for example, emerging market
equities.
• Exposure to new asset classes – for example, infrastructure assets, including utilities,
energy, transportation networks, communications and transportation infrastructure.
• Exposure to bonds (lower risk assets) adjusted – reducing exposure to European government and
corporate bonds and adding new exposures to high yield bonds and emerging market bonds.

The fund will drop EU gov bonds and reduce their corporate bonds in favour of higher potential returns from emerging markets and high yield bonds. I am assuming ten years from retirement the fund will start reintroducing EU bonds.

Anyone any thoughts? I think i am okish with the change. The exposure to emerging markets is 5% and high yield bonds is 4%

I'm not allowed links but the full details are on their website.

Back