New Ireland manager.

joer

Heimir Hallgrimsson has been appointed Ireland manager.....
He managed Iceland when they beat England in Euro 2016. He managed Jamaica .......Good credentials...,.we will have to wait and see..

He was actually joint manager of Iceland with hugely experienced Swedish manager Lars Lagerback...
And he hasn't set the world alight with Jamaica, in their (tough) Copa American group they lost all 3 games and scored 1 goal.

So we will have to wait and see if we will get Iceland results or Jamaica results :)

He was actually joint manager of Iceland with hugely experienced Swedish manager Lars Lagerback...
And he hasn't set the world alight with Jamaica, in their (tough) Copa American group they lost all 3 games and scored 1 goal.

So we will have to wait and see if we will get Iceland results or Jamaica results :)
Or you would have to expect,or hope for, Irish results :oops:

I wonder how hard the FAI had to twist his arm to make him , sorry, get him to accept the job.:)

I wonder how hard the FAI had to twist his arm to make him , sorry, get him to accept the job.:)
He is a qualified dentist ... I wonder if he'll check the teeth of the players and pick those in fine fettle :)

He is a qualified dentist ... I wonder if he'll check the teeth of the players and pick those in fine fettle :)
Well at least in training the drills should be good. He needs to get to the root of the problem and start by filling in his first panel. He may need to extract a few of the older lads and try to put a veneer over their limitations but I have every faith he can crown it off by qualifying for the world cup.

Well at least in training the drills should be good. He needs to get to the root of the problem and start by filling in his first panel. He may need to extract a few of the older lads and try to put a veneer over their limitations but I have every faith he can crown it off by qualifying for the world cup.
And of course training starts at tooth hurty

He used to work as a dentist while managing the islandic national team. He said he found it relaxing and a way to destress away from the pressures of international football management.
It just shows what a bunch of moaning softies dentists are. :D

He used to work as a dentist while managing the islandic national team. He said he found it relaxing and a way to destress away from the pressures of international football management.
It just shows what a bunch of moaning softies dentists are. :D
I'll tell your dentist you said that.

In other news, would you be able to recommend a good dentist?

Am I too cynical when I say the timing is interesting, post the RTE investigates programme and at a time, with 2 big matches coming up for the women's team means the spotlight would and should be on them. Or maybe that is implying the FAI might be trying to be clever which is a dangerous assumption?

60th rang team in England last year was Charlton Athletic. A club that had had some success in the past and was once in the Premier League but has fallen on hard times and has a lot off issues off the pitch with ownership problems etc. Hence we were always going to end up with a manager from around that level. I wish him all the best.

Am I too cynical when I say the timing is interesting, post the RTE investigates programme and at a time, with 2 big matches coming up for the women's team means the spotlight would and should be on them. Or maybe that is implying the FAI might be trying to be clever which is a dangerous assumption?

60th rang team in England last year was Charlton Athletic. A club that had had some success in the past and was once in the Premier League but has fallen on hard times and has a lot off issues off the pitch with ownership problems etc. Hence we were always going to end up with a manager from around that level. I wish him all the best.
The rumour mill on the internet was that they were waiting for Georgia to complete their Euro campaign and it would be Willy Sagnol.

Ah well, he probably has more chance of getting us to play like Iceland than we could have adopted Georgia's counter attacking style.

Jamaica were eliminated from Copa America 30th June, couldn't have announced it earlier, so I wouldn't read too much more into it than that.

The rumour mill on the internet was that they were waiting for Georgia to complete their Euro campaign and it would be Willy Sagnol.

Ah well, he probably has more chance of getting us to play like Iceland than we could have adopted Georgia's counter attacking style.

Jamaica were eliminated from Copa America 30th June, couldn't have announced it earlier, so I wouldn't read too much more into it than that.
It is hard to read anything into anything.....if you get my drift....
I'm sure it will all become clearer after the first few games..

Back