new contract in Pub Sector but just got refund on pension/levies for previous post

micro

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone can answer a query for me.
I was working on contract for a time in the public sector and recently asked for and received my pension & levies refund.
There is now a small chance that I may return to public sector in the coming months. Where do I stand as regards the pension? I read somewhere that I might have to pay back the refund and levies. Does anyone know if this is true and if so how it it done (i.e increased pension contribution each month until paid back?).
If I don't have to pay it back, I presume I will have to buy back my years at some stage- can anyone confirm this?
Many thanks
Micro.

Re: new contract in Pub Sector but just got refund on pension/levies for previous pos

If you go back in to employment in the Public service you will have to refund what you got back if you wish to have your previous service reckoned. They will deduct over an agreed period if you so wish.Why not give them a call to clarify the matter for yourself.Its very hard to give general advice on a pension matter as everyone is different

Re: new contract in Pub Sector but just got refund on pension/levies for previous pos

Thanks for your response :)

Back