Nett Wages

V

veron01

Hi all,

Does anyone know what €38,000 would work out a month nett for a single guy?

Just a rough guide would be great.....

Thanks

Your net monthly pay would be approx €2,578.71 or €30,944.52 assuming you have the standard cut offs and credits.
Good Luck with the job....

Are you sure you deducted PRSI ? According to [broken link removed] the take home monthly pay is € 2395.33

I think Elcato is closer to the mark. I make it €28688 per year, €2390 per month.

?

just out of interest is €38.000 considered a decent wage for somebody living in Dublin?

€38K

Hi,

I earn €38k, my monthly take home after paying 5% to pension is €2,292

average wages

Well, average wages in CONSTRUCTION are €35.1k as of last September.

More for skilled workers, 40k+.

For what it's worth AVERAGE earnings in various sectors (not further analysed by region though) are available in the Dept of Finance monthly economic bulletins (I presume that's where Protocol got the figures above)

http://www.finance.irlgov.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=2474&CatID=2&StartDate=1+January+2004&m= (www.finance.irlgov.ie/vie...ry+2004&m=)
http://www.finance.irlgov.ie/ViewDoc.asp?DocId=-1&CatID=2 (www.finance.irlgov.ie/Vie...-1&CatID=2)

cut out the middleman

I always go direct to the source, the CSO.

I was just curious. I'm on 38k myself + about 5-6k annual bonus. My boss seems to think we are all well paid but I think my salary is only ok. If my wife was on the same salary (she's more than double mine) I think we'd we seriously stretched trying to live in Dublin.

serious wage

double 38k is a SAVAGE salary.

Here is some CSO data from September 2003.

Industry = €29,051

Public sector = €38,246

Financial scetor = €35,875

All are average earnings.

re:sarah's comment

look i wasnt asking for a sympathy vote! I was just curious to know whether people thought 38k was an income on which someone could have a decent standard of living in Dublin. I sure dont think so. I am well aware that people are on less money than that and I'm sure it is a big struggle to live in this city. no need for smart remarks.

viable salary for Dublin

This is interesting. I have an offer of a half-time equivalent public-sector job in Dublin with an offered gross salary of Euro 22,500 + pension of 7.5% which prospective employer described as equivalent to my current UK salary which is £28,914 (works out at basic pay of £2,409 per month at 20% tax-rate) + an additional cost-of-living supplement (non-taxable) of £50 per month.

I was wondering if this is "equivalent" given the reputedly-higher cost of basics in Dublin (e.g. the grocery-bill and utilities). On the other hand in Dublin you don't have to pay hitting £1,000 per year on rates on a small terrace house so perhaps it is not possible to establish what is a reasonable salary?

viable salary for Dublin

Perhaps I should say that this gross equals E 43,068 and that after deduction of income-tax, pension contributions/+ AVC, and National Insurance my take-home is £1,602 (Euro 2,386.86 per month).

Re: re:sarah's comment

I was just curious to know whether people thought 38k was an income on which someone could have a decent standard of living in Dublin.

If you and your wife were both earning 38000 each then yes you could live quite comfortably. If you were earning 38000 combined then I agree in Dublin right now it would be a stretch.

I don't see how people earning less than that can afford to raise kids and live in Dublin. I can only assume that nixers and the Black economy and/or huge amounts of debt are helping to keep Dublin afloat. It confuses the hell out of me.

I'd consider myself to be fairly lucky in terms of income but I've even started looking at things like Cinema Tickets, Restaurants, Parking etc. and staying in instead.

-Rd

Back