Need help understanding credit report ICB

A

aries7

Can you help me figure it out
Open date 19/03/99 Payment profile#W65441110000 The element is written off but how long will it stay on my credit report forever? What does all the numbers mean? If I ring ICB will they help me?

Rang icb it will take 4 years more before it falls off my report. But if I starting paying off the debt will the clock start ticking again?

ClubMan said:
Have you read and the links that it points to?

Aries7,

I think there are two queries in your posting:
Payment profile#W65441110000 What does it mean?
Reading from Right to Left:
0000 = Months 1 to 4 in period covered by ICB the Cr Agreement was up to date, or zero arrears.

111 = Months 5,6,and 7 = recorded as one instalment in arrears.
However, month 8 jumps to 4 instalments in arrears. This could be due to delay in posting missed payments in months 6 and 7 untill month 8. Or payments could have been represented to bank and all re-presents failed and hence recorded jump in arrears in month 8.
W = Presummably 'written-Off'.

"But if I starting paying off the debt will the clock start ticking again?"
Does this question relates to the legality of the debt rather than your credit rating? Are you enquiring about the 'Statute of Limitations' in relation to a debt? I think it is 6 years, but not sure. Yes making a payment would restart the clock. But I don't think this is limited to the making of payments. I think the clock does not start thicking till all communications have ceased .... from borrower or creditor.

Back