Nama insider lends some advice to Varadkar

Fair enough.

From my unelevated view, those that are not in favour of NAMA (in it's current format) have a tad more credibility and I would struggle to come up with a list of 5 'pro' folk that do not have some form of vested interest in favouring it's current structure.

This has become a favourite line of anti NAMArs. Sticking to politicians I see real vested interest in FG's opposition to NAMA. They see a very soft populist line and sense the possible collapse of the government. I even suspect that Leo knew that he was talking nonsense but played his dirty trick anyway.

I'm no FFer, or Greenie for that matter, but I honestly think that the government in power genuinely have the national interest at heart on this occasion. They may be wrong, but this is not IMHO a bail out of the Galway tent as Enda Kenny so disingenuously keeps suggesting.

If FG get into power anytime soon I am sure they will find the wriggle room to support NAMA after all, maybe with a few tweaks.

Disclosure of vested interest: I want this country to get out of this mess

Last edited:
Nama goes after the borrower .. is declared bankrupt .. Borrower can go get a loan and buy property

I accept that this is an hypothesis, but surely being declared bankrupt for not repaying a mortgage would leave you unable to get another one ?