Nama insider lends some advice to Varadkar

Fair enough.

From my unelevated view, those that are not in favour of NAMA (in it's current format) have a tad more credibility and I would struggle to come up with a list of 5 'pro' folk that do not have some form of vested interest in favouring it's current structure.

Fair enough.

From my unelevated view, those that are not in favour of NAMA (in it's current format) have a tad more credibility and I would struggle to come up with a list of 5 'pro' folk that do not have some form of vested interest in favouring it's current structure.
This has become a favourite line of anti NAMArs. Sticking to politicians I see real vested interest in FG's opposition to NAMA. They see a very soft populist line and sense the possible collapse of the government. I even suspect that Leo knew that he was talking nonsense but played his dirty trick anyway.

I'm no FFer, or Greenie for that matter, but I honestly think that the government in power genuinely have the national interest at heart on this occasion. They may be wrong, but this is not IMHO a bail out of the Galway tent as Enda Kenny so disingenuously keeps suggesting.

If FG get into power anytime soon I am sure they will find the wriggle room to support NAMA after all, maybe with a few tweaks.

Disclosure of vested interest: I want this country to get out of this mess

Last edited:
Nama goes after the borrower .. is declared bankrupt .. Borrower can go get a loan and buy property

I accept that this is an hypothesis, but surely being declared bankrupt for not repaying a mortgage would leave you unable to get another one :confused: ?

Back