N26 reducing interest rates starting 1st October

Etoro appears to be offering 5.3%, 5% over 50k

Not sure if it's comparable metric or what small print is ? Seems large
Looks like that is only on dollar amounts. The change in value between euro and dollar could easily wipe out any gains you make from the higher interest rate.

What's the next best saving to move to anyone know?

Metal Users?
I signed up July 17th..
Waited for card. By august it hadn't arrived.. and after hours of doing circles with customer service, they agreed to send a new free one. The word FREE annoyed me... if I didn't receive the first one as apparently still in Belgium, surely the replacement is not Free.
So they ordered a second card eventually. August 5th 1st card arrived, however was unusable as cancelled.

No sign off second card, so contacted customer card who said I would receive by August 21st. No sign. Contacted again, and was again offered a free card or I could pay for delivery. I refused to let them cancel the card, as I expect the second metal card will arrive by Sept 5th (30 days). N26 have told me that the card gets cancelled if not activated by a certain date. I think that date is tomorrow. So I am back stuck in a circle of ordering a new card and not receiving it.
The requirement of house number on there address I think is caused delays. I suggested putting 0.

Anyone else have this issue..
..left disappointed with N26, as I have had the runaround. I demanded that they send by express post last time. They said they could not, but I could pay (something like €45 for express post for the "FREE CARD").

Yesterday, the agent when I asked for complaints procedure offered to post 3rd card express for free.

Any advice.. or what sentence should I put in compliant. Paid the metal cost upfront, but will probably ask for refund on Oct 1st when rates go down. Still.. I haven't been able to use N26 for ATM withdrawals or tap since July 17th.

When I signed up first in 2021 I had quite a row with them over the way my address appeared on their system - it was so messed up I knew there wasn’t a snowballs chance in hell that any letter would be delivered. They eventually had to contact their IT department and get them to enter the address correctly. When they subsequently sent the “standard” card it took over 3 months to arrive, and the envelope suggested that it had explored at least half the known world on it way.

When I upgraded to Metal in March this year to my great surprise the additional card took less than a week to arrive. I’ve kept the old “standard” card active as well.

With regard to your complaint, if it was me I’d send them a very gentle “Please note for your records that I’m not very happy and I’ll be putting other steps in place if this isn’t resolved expeditiously” email now, and then unleash hell on the 27th September asking them to issue you with a free standard card and to immediately refund all Metal charges - if you have received the metal card by that date include a picture of it cut in half with the email.

Back