My AGM speech

So do we find out today which way the minister votes re electing them to the board again ?

Exceptional Brendan, a fine, well-worded and well delivered presentation, rich in fact and straight to points and behaviours at issue. Congratulations.

So do we find out today which way the minister votes re electing them to the board again ?

Yes. The votes were counted immediately after the meeting and the results would be known by now.

They will probably do a press statement.

I am sure that Paschal Donohue voted for the directors or else we would have heard by now.

Brendan

Hi Brendan, that was a fantastic speech. Thank you for everything you have done so far for so many people. While the bank states they will apply the FSPO decision only, do you think now that there is any chance the CBI will still insist they revert the accounts to a tracker rate?

Excellent summing up Brendan. The banks as usual will give nothing unless they are forced to. AIBs PR spin about putting the customer first shown up for the BS it is. I sincerely hope they end up paying out even more in a few years time.

Last edited:
Excellent points Brendan and well presented

Was there any idea given as to how many of the 5900 lost homes through Voluntary or Forced Sale?

Any idea as to what terms of redress those affected by loss of home might receive?

There are still things you could possibly take to the Ombudsman as well possibly, minor things if AIB weren't forthcoming.

Not sure if this will hold water but does this judgement effectively timestamp the reduction from when you roll off your first fixed rate? So if you were someone who was close to your LTV 80% presently, then once this change is put across, then theoretically you would have hit your 80% a few years ago so you could raise a question (I may need to research this, it could be completely off the wall!!!) as to whether it would have been appropriate to retrospectively avail of LTV discounts. Maybe this would be like a nuisance case for the FSPO and something AIB might need to consider. It wouldn't be huge reward financially but maybe there is a point somewhere in the above.

Anyhow, this is all in a vacuum at the mo until we see the final redress and FSPO decision.

Well done, Brendan.

Perhaps, in my opinion, it might be time for a series of protests outside the offices of this institution, the Central Bank and the office of the minister for finance (once this Covid lockdown ends)?

I am sick to the teeth of seeing their "Fair" adverts on TV, could their attitudes here also be a breach of the advertising standards?

Any right minded person on the board must have been cringing listening to you Brendan. When spelled out in those no uncertain terms, its seems clear cut. Why do they continue to fight? Baffling

Great work Brendan, we may not have heard the last of this yet. It’s so wrong that they won’t do the right thing by their customers or ‘those people’ as Mr Hunt refers to us as. Does anyone know that if a case is successful in the High Court the Bank has to apply the ruling for similar cases?

U spoke so well and made things so clear and thanks for your continuous fight for everyone

Brendan well done. Thank you for standing up and fighting for us all. You spoke extremely well. Their arrogance really is shocking.

This is the first time I made quote of the day in the Irish Times!

Attachments

• 1588255224583.png
    1588255224583.png
    264.7 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Back