Mortgage Affordability: Income 62k Savings30k no loans

• Thread starter munsterman25
  • Start date
Re: Update website

Hiya Munsterman

My friend and her partner have just been given loan approval for €320,000. They have €25k saved and a combined annual (gross) income of approximately €70-€72k

Noor

But I'd realy love a cheque!

NoelC and Sarah, thanks for your replies.

Given that depending on LTVs and such that certain lenders already give free drive-by valuations and legal fees (First Active and Ulster do that deal where they have an arrangement with some insurance company who take on the risk of the property papers not being kosher), is there any way to get further concessions from them?

Or am I just being greedy?

Re: But I'd realy love a cheque!

You're not being greedy at all !

As consumers, it's up to each of us to push financial institutions and intermediaries for the best deal you can.

What's the very worst that could happen ? They'll just say no, and you've still got your free legal and valuation.

As I said earlier, don't be shy about playing the brokers off against the banks, and don't be fobbed off with the nonsense about their high marketing costs, etc.

They need you, more than you need them !! There are plenty of other institutions who would do business with you.

Best of luck with it

Brokers and Bankers and Lenders oh my...

Thanks NoelC

I intend to change my mortgage provider (again!) later this year. I shall ask the straightforward "split the difference" question as well as others, of various lenders, and will post my experiences here as and when

would credit card statements, previous loan statements be necessary

i've been binning the credit card statements...should i be keeping them

previous loan statements...i've around 3 student loans i took out in the past and paid off plus i paid off a laptop I bought on one of these 12 month interest free schemes...of course I paid it before 12 months was up...

would these type of things lend any weight on mortgage approval.

12 month bank statements...I've been told that 6 months would be sufficient. What do most lenders / brokers require?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

i paid off a laptop I bought on one of these 12 month interest free schemes...of course I paid it before 12 months was up...

this looks very good on the icb report. it shows up as a 5 year loan that was paid in full after x months

cheers...will have to root out those statements.

Back