Money important when considering partners?

Men aren't that shallow. We look for breasts and ass :D

Well that's exactly it purple.

I think you pretty much can bring it down to money for women and looks for men.
They are definitely driving factors.

Apparently some reporter mentioned to donald trump does he think he'd be able to pull his wife without the cash.

To which he replied would his wife be able to get him without her looks !!

I'm a big fan of breasts and ass so don't knock 'em (don't think you can write the T-word and I got a warning for bad language for doing a row of * a while back).

I'm still unsure. This thread seems to be split too much into men v women but maybe that is because there are more men than women in higher earning jobs.

Personally I think that while some people might have a list of ideal requirements in a partner - good looks, education, property etc, these things are just 'ideals'. I would think for the majority of people when they meet someone they like, that list changes to accommodate the person they've met.

Again I think that the biggest problem is other peoples perceptions of a relationship where money is involved, which can arouse suspicion and mistrust in what might have been a good and longlasting relationship for the two people involved (was going to write perfect relationship but no such thing - I know I know!!!) :)

I'm a big SATC fan and remember that esposide very well. We do have to remeber that Carrie got was it $4 dollars a word for Vogue and bough Jimmy Chooes for everyday wear.

I myself think money is important when considering a partner. I don't earn $4 a word for vogue but I'm use to owing my own money and wouldn't want ot have to fund someone else.

Is it that ambition/drive is important now rather than money? I know many couples where one may not be earning much/anything but is working towards something (starting a business, studying PhD etc). Though theyve no money now they have the potential to earn and support a family, and are passionate about something - this is attractive.

I myself think money is important when considering a partner. I don't earn $4 a word for vogue but I'm use to owing my own money and wouldn't want ot have to fund someone else.

Another incurable romantic.

I got a warning for bad language for doing a row of * a while back).

As in I think your a ****, I'm not calling you any names but did you really get a warning for calling someone 4star?

I would prefer to have a partner who earned less money and was around more than one who earned more and was constantly working or thinking about work. Some of the fellas I went to college with put career and ambition ahead of everything else and that just wouldn't suit me, no matter how much money they were earning or how many expensive presents I got 'to make up for it'.

However... I would find financial recklessness, work-shy laziness and total lack of ambition big turn-offs in a partner, even if they were an otherwise lovely man. It wouldn't be a particularly equal relationship if one party is doing all the working and earning and the other is doing all the spending.

It'd be different if I had children though - having one stay-at-home parent and one working parent means two of you are working, rather than one of you working while the other plays the PS3 or goes shopping all day. Or like Casiopea said - if one is studying, that's a different story.

And Triplex - I've read Jennifer Kloster's book as well and read a lot of Georgette Heyer and Jane Austen generally. The financial stuff being so up-front is very different but understandable in a time when women had virtually no ability to earn any money to help the family out. All they could do was budget and scrimp. Love's all very well but it doesn't mend the roof or put food on the table!

Love's all very well but it doesn't mend the roof or put food on the table!

totally agree!

;)

But isn't it interesting that the taboo has now changed so entirely; we now talk freely about sex but nobody mentions money???

Back