Mobile 48

Acorn22

Hi is there anyone using this? Is connection good? There are two packages 9.99 per month or 14.99 and the focus is on unlimited data.

Hi - Was using it until quite recently - service coverage is part of Three network - so assuming you have good coverage of such, then no issues. I needed to switch networks as I moved house and Three coverage in the new area was very poor, to say the least.

I use it and it is adequate for my needs - only problem is you can't ring some numbers i.e. competition lines etc., but very satisfactory otherwise.

Hi is there anyone using this? Is connection good? There are two packages 9.99 per month or 14.99 and the focus is on unlimited data.
From the home page of 48.ie :-

"
Why 48?
Why not? 48 promise to never lie or hide fees. We've 2 plans, one for €9.99, one for €14.99. We don't do unlimited data cause you don’t need it. We let you try before you buy. 48 is changing up mobile.
"
Have you looked at Gomo? Twice as much data and all texts and voice included, (unlike 48) for €12.99 a month (unlike 48, €14.99, every 28 days).

GOMO

No connection, just a happy customer.

Last edited:
I've been on the E9.99 48 months plan since 2012, very happy with same.

Got it recently for my son and very happy with it so far. An interesting feature is a 'safe' for unused data in a month. I can transfer 5GB of data each month that would normally expire and transfer it to the 'safe' (up to a maximum of 50GB) which can then be drawn down in other months of high data usage.

Hi - Was using it until quite recently - service coverage is part of Three network - so assuming you have good coverage of such, then no issues. I needed to switch networks as I moved house and Three coverage in the new area was very poor, to say the least.

Thanks that's handy to know. I'll bear it in mind.

Is there any packages that include a dongle should you want to use your laptop? Even with fixed broadband? If I could package/bundle the whole thing together and get a really good deal then that would be great. Unlimited date of course so that kids could use the playstation.

Is there any packages that include a dongle should you want to use your laptop? Even with fixed broadband? If I could package/bundle the whole thing together and get a really good deal then that would be great. Unlimited date of course so that kids could use the playstation.

You can purchase a Three PAYG sim card, put it in a modem, top up by 20 EUR every 28 days and get unlimited data.

Back