Mince Pies in the shops

I agree it's good to buy them now and also the tins of sweets and chocolate kimberely and that way you have them all bought to give out on Christmas visits and it spreads the cost getting things from Sept - Dec instead of in one hit.

Tesco also have a clubcard saver scheme where they'll keep all your vouchers until November. Looking forward to the 60-odd euro I'll be due. That's a lot of mince pies and chocolate.
I seem to remember buying the finest ones a couple of years ago and they weren't nearly as nice as the red ones. Keep dropping hints on my mother to make me some (and maybe a cake or even plum pudding) but no luck yet.

Was in Woodies the other night and they have C*******s trees and decorations out for sale.

I saw that as well but in my mind i chuckled and thought they were still on sale from last year....now i have only copped on that they are just out for this year :eek:

Oh that is so depressing..

I like to think I have reasonably developed senses and discerning tastes. Mince pies are one of the only things I like about the C season but I really think that where mince pies are concerned, more so than almost any other cake/desert/pie type thing, if you've tasted one, you've tasted them all.

Am I just mad?

Can't say I notice any difference between the vintage brandy, choicest raisins, made by Plumpington's of Knightsbridge ones, and ones that are €1.99 for a million (usually made by a spurious obscurely named aunt)

Back