michael owen

I know what you're going through. As a Leeds fan, I had similar feelings when Gordon McQueen moved to Man. Utd. I didn't feel it as badly though when Alan Smith ended up there more recently.

I heard today that Owen's agent sent a 20 page brochure to all Premiership clubs in an attempt to get him a new contract but there only was interest from Stoke and Hull, I think.

Since the Bosman Ruling, players can give the middle finger to clubs when their contract is up. At this stage, Owen is a bit of a liability with his ongoing hamstring problem. And many experts feel that it's a problem that's very hard to shake off once it presents itself. Many Liverpool fans have this concern about Torres. Newcastle took Owen on a few years ago when not too many other teams, including Liverpool, were interested in him. He earned huge money there and failed to make an impact.

I'm always disgusted by players like this who show no reciprocal loyalty or gratitude to the club who've paid them well when they've basically been a financial liability. I feel the same about players who engineer their way out of clubs and move to bigger clubs who're interested in them. (Just ranting!)

Fergie is not an idiot, though, and has signed him on a pay and play contract. I have a feeling that it won't cost Utd. a lot of money but Owen could prove me wrong.

Anyway, Markowitzman, Liverpool got the best out of him and you have your memories. And look on the bright side of life............your team won't be playing in League One next season! :eek:

how could he join man u??
as a lifetime liverpool fan am gutted!
money talks...b*lls*t walks?

Isn't he an Everton fan himself? In fairness Liverpool had the chance to sign him before from Madrid and again now for free and didn't move. Robbie Keane is a massive fan of Liverpool and they didn't even let him have a full season, it goes both ways.

Never ever mention his name to me again. Since he left the 'Pool, I know he's struggled with injuries and fitness, but to join the prawn sandwich crowd is inexcusable.

The mobile networks are blue all night between our circle of pals ('Pool heads). The greatest disappointment seems to be about all the houses he has bought in Prawn Sandwich Land for his family - half a street of them according to UTV news tonight - as if the move was pre-arranged some time ago.

I only recognised one name in Lex Foutish's off-topic ramble - I know Fergie is some kind of big-assed minor Brit royal who writes kids books about helicopters, but who are Leeds, Gordon McQueen and Alan Smith and what is League One for God's sake? :rolleyes:

won a cup final for the pool thats about it. Never broke 20 league goals in a season. In no way a liverpool legend.

I know what you're going through. As a Leeds fan, I had similar feelings when Gordon McQueen moved to Man. Utd. I didn't feel it as badly though when Alan Smith ended up there more recently.

And how could you forget that other famous transferee from Leeds to Man U....Monsieur Cantona! Took me days to get over that shock!!
(fellow Leeds sufferer here, Lex!!)

And how could you forget that other famous transferee from Leeds to Man U....Monsieur Cantona! Took me days to get over that shock!!
(fellow Leeds sufferer here, Lex!!)

I wasn't going to mention that painful episode, Gipimann! I didn't take it very well either. Our genius of a manager, Howard Wilkinson, rang Martin Edwards to try to buy Denis Irwin and ended up selling Cantona to Man. Utd. instead! Terrific business, given that he also failed to land Irwin as well!

There were a lot of rumours around at that time that Cantona was "involved" with Lee Chapman's wife, Leslie Ash, and that he had to go to prevent further disharmony in the Leeds camp.

And we thought it couldn't get any worse than that...............

Och, ochón! :(

To hell with him. He's been a mercenary since he said 'I'll never leave Liverpool' only to do so for the paycheck at the end of the transfer window leaving LFC in the lurch. He went to RM for the money and sat on the bench. Went to Newcastle for the same reason and was mostly injured there too. He's a great poacher/finisher but also a crock with his mind on his money and his money on his mind.

I s'pose him and Ferguson will have a great relationship anyway...talking horses all day....

I only recognised one name in Lex Foutish's off-topic ramble - I know Fergie is some kind of big-assed minor Brit royal who writes kids books about helicopters, but who are Leeds, Gordon McQueen and Alan Smith and what is League One for God's sake? :rolleyes:

Excellent!!:D
(and im a life long mufc fan!)

To hell with him. He's been a mercenary since he said 'I'll never leave Liverpool' only to do so for the paycheck at the end of the transfer window leaving LFC in the lurch. He went to RM for the money and sat on the bench. Went to Newcastle for the same reason and was mostly injured there too. He's a great poacher/finisher but also a crock with his mind on his money and his money on his mind.

I s'pose him and Ferguson will have a great relationship anyway...talking horses all day....

Most players seem to do this to either get a bigger contract at the current club or a new one, it worked quite well for Gerrard for a number of years aswell only that Liverpool stumped up the cash rather than accept any offers. Clubs and players act in self interest, tis to be expected at this stage.

Am I the only person to have left one company for another which I considered offered me a better future?

What is the difference between me and Owen or any other footballer?

... What is the difference between me and Owen or any other footballer?
That's not the comparison - its about a supporter's perspective perhaps naively expecting loyalty from players who are essentially mercenary in their outlook.

how could he join man u??
as a lifetime liverpool fan am gutted!

I know what you're going through. As a Leeds fan, I had similar feelings when Gordon McQueen moved to Man. Utd.

Never ever mention his name to me again. Since he left the 'Pool, I know he's struggled with injuries and fitness, but to join the prawn sandwich crowd is inexcusable.

roflol. How grown men get upset over these overpaid nancy boys ,the majority of whom wouldn't get a job on a bin truck outside of soccer, is beyond me ! lol

Judas! How many pieces of silver is he getting?

Absolutely sickened that he would aid utd against Liverpool! He could have gone to any other club...

Absolutely sickened that he would aid utd against Liverpool! He could have gone to any other club...

He has taken a huge wage reduction compared to what he was on at Newcastle.

Apparantly the only other English clubs that had shown an interest were Hull and Stoke.

Would you have welcomed Tevez as most of my Liverpool mates would have?

Owen is 4-1 to score for UTD against Liverpool next season.... now where'd I put my wallet? :D

I can understand how you guys are upset. Why not have Heinze??!!

Owen was a boyhood Everton fan. Fergie sat down with his father, Terry I think, years ago but could not convince him to sign for United. He went to Liverpool instead.
He never got the love from the pool fans. I witnessed this on more than one occasion at Anfield. They admired him but never loved him like Robbie or Rush.

Back