Medical for life insurance

swally

I'm a 29year old female and a smoker- I'm guessing that is why I had to have a medical for my life insurance. I had the medical last week and the doc said every thing is fine. I am now being told by the insurance compnay (New Ireland) that I have to have further tests.

What I want to know is

1. What further tests????

2. Is this the insurance companys way of telling me they are not going to give me insurance?

I'd be amazed if u didn't get insured,but I've noticed that they seem to becoming a lot more sticky,if there is any hint of a problem,they'll want further "tests"-don't worry though,they're not the worst company

Thanks Johnnyboy- I already have a mortgage protection policy so am not going to be too upset if they know me back on a whole of life policy.

What I really want to know is if anyone who has had a medical for life insurance has had to go back to their GP for further tests and if so what can I expect?

Depends totally on the nature of the tests.

Only you (and a few others) know your own medical hsitory, and presumably something on your proposal form has prompted the underwriters to ask for extra medical evidence.

I hope it works out ok for you.

I don't have any medical problems. I can't remember the last time I was at the doc before I had to go for the Medical last week

Hi Swally
It could be a couple of things for eg,
1If the policy involves a considerable amt of money,they may do oral HIV test(straigtforward- a device like a lollypop is stuck into your mouth & it changes colour after a no of minutes
2Because you smke ,they can also check your nictonie status(I believe)

Back