Med 1

mar

Hi

I had one overnight in hospital and paid excess on health insurance policy. Can this be claimed on med 1?

Mar

You can claim tax relief of 20% of anything that is not covered by health insurance.

Hi

I had one overnight in hospital and paid excess on health insurance policy. Can this be claimed on med 1?

Mar

Just remember that you can only claim relief on unrecovered medical expenses i.e. your medical expenses for which you cannot receive any further reimbursement.
AFAIK you still cannot obtain relief on routine dental treatment such as fillings, examination or scaling/cleaning. Other dental work like crowns is eligible for relief.

On the dental treatment I've always taken the simple approach that only expense treatments are available for claims for medical expenses. I ask the dentist for a Med 2 and if this is provided then you can claim relief. Most of the terms on the Form Med 2 aren't clear to me (as I'm not a dentist).

On a related matter...my Laya policy refunds me 50% of GP visit fees. Can the remaining 50% be claimed from Revenue albeit only 20% of that amount?

Back