Manbags, the latest fashion accessory

...Oh, and if I gave ou my wife for a few weeks how much would you charge to train her?

I can't believe you lot think man bags are a new thing! Of course I know none of you would admit to watching Friends but the whole manbag thing was thrashed out in an episode years ago.

Oh and....

My husband does this to me, so I usually say sure put your mobile phone, charger, wallet, keys etc etc into my handbag...but then a while later when his phone rings, oh darn, can't find it in time, and when he needs the keys, dear me, he ends up having to root around for them himself ( apparently this is utter torture)...and some time later in the shops when I want to try something on he has to hold the bag ( according to him this is tantamount to pouring a gallon of red paint over his head and training a flourescent light at him)... funnily enough he has taken to buying coats with lots of zippered pockets.

and some time later in the shops when I want to try something on he has to hold the bag ( according to him this is tantamount to pouring a gallon of red paint over his head and training a flourescent light at him)...

This is the ultimate in emasculation - especially when you make us hold your handbag while waiting outside the women's changing rooms while you try on the nineteenth black top of the morning - it makes us look gay, under the thumb and a pervert all at once.

Efm, you should do what I do in these situations - simply hold the offending bag in as ungainly and knuckledragging a manner as possible, in a clenched fist by your side - under no circumstances put the strap over your arm - and if anyone looks at you, study the bag with a mixture of confused fascination and utter bewilderment so any onlookers will have no doubt that this is the first handbag contact you have ever had.

Preferable if you can also get away with spitting on the floor of the shop while you stand.

My teenage son reliably informs me that "manbags r teh ghey". I gather that means that he doesn't approve?

Any time my wife does that to me, I loop it over my shoulder and tell her how 'comfortable it feels.... like coming home' (yes I have no shame). She retrieves it pretty sharpish...

Could be worse , I have three daughters and a wife so I usually have to hold several handbags ( and why are some women's handbags as big as gym bags?) and numerous hangers while they're in changing rooms and then I have to carry around the purchases until we get back to the motor. No manbags or wallet for me though - laser card in shirt pocket, mobile and cash in trouser pocket and keys in jacket pocket and that's it .

Any time my wife does that to me, I loop it over my shoulder and tell her how 'comfortable it feels.... like coming home' (yes I have no shame). She retrieves it pretty sharpish...
Same here. I also tell her (in a loud voice) that it doesn't go with her shoes etc.

This really made me laugh because this could be my husband...apart from the spitting bit, that's just horrible!

Whats wrong with a good old Adidas backpack thrown over one shoulder?

Nothing at all. But you'll be delighted to hear that Adidas are right back in fashion. Very retro-chic. Very fashionable.

"They might start carrying manbags, but then just an ordinary one won;t be enough - it will have to have a certain label on it, and cost a certain amount."

So, let's see, 'Adidas' doesn't qualify as a 'certain label', and 'old' doesn't qualify as a reference to 'costing a certain amount'. C'mon now, you really want a new Adidas bag, just admit it