Management Consulting as a career??

Leesider32

Frequent Poster
Hi all,

I am interested in getting into management consulting in the next 3-4 years and looking for the best part time course to put me on that path and whether it is an MBA or otherwise. Any advice?

A bit of background, I am in my early 40's, recently received my green belt in Lean Six Sigma, have a business and IT degree and started my career in SAP on the support side. Over the last 9 years I have been in sales management in ERP sales (tier 2) with 7 of that being in Australia where I was working for a company which took a very consultative approach to sales, a lot more so than the Irish/American companies I have experienced since I came back.

noproblem

Frequent Poster
Hope i'm on the right forum for this but if not, my apologies. Away at the moment but keeping in touch with everything and I see KPMG have announced 800 job opportunities in accountancy, consultancy, etc. What I would love to know is, what are these management consultancy roles and what exactly do people do? Over the years my children's friends have been coming and going , university education and further and I've heard some saying that they've taken up management consultancy roles with big companies. Some have B Coms, others B A's and though good people they're no geniuses and I wondered what exactly these graduates do and will do going forward.