Males- How much do you pay to get your hair cut?

Its time people who use a shaver for 5 minutes on this side of the border got realistic with their prices too. £ 5 is plenty, well done for getting it cut in the north.

Actually VAT on haircuts is higher in NI (15% v 13.5% here)

Actually VAT on haircuts is higher in NI (15% v 13.5% here)

Ubi- I am really worried about you now. Did you think about taking out a subscription to sky or national geographic or season tickets to some ball game or other? ;)

about 13 plus 2 tip. Really early opening hours (v. handy) so if I'm paying a premium for that (which I dont know is the case) then worth it.

€7 blade 2 on sides and 3 on top in Wicklow plus €1 tip

£6.50 in Manchester last week

My OH pays €8, no tip.

My younger brother recently got charged €30, the cut was for his grad/debs but he only has short hair! Major rip off!!

Used to be charged £5 (gave £7) for years up until about 5 years ago, when I bought a set of clippers and now do it myself.

Nothing

Do it myself. Essentially a no. 2 all round, so why should I pay someone else.

either €12 or €14 (not sure which) in a regular barber shop in dublin, and I wouldn't dream of tipping.

Guy in front of me at the barbers this morning had a No1. all over which cost him £4.00 + the change from a fiver. I had my usual dry cut,thinned out on top and eyebrows trimmed for £8.50 + the change from a tenner.

I had a drycut + eyebrows for €12.50 today + €1.50 tip as I had a tenner and 2*2 euro coins. She spent an inordinate amount of time on someone with so little hair. Must have taken 8 minutes.

When I originally posted I thought I was doing ok with Garveys at 13.50 but it looks like a dry haircut in Limerick is very expensive. Does anybody know of a cheaper barber in limerick city centre/dublin road area?

Last time I got my hair cut was for €14 wash and cut.

My OH does my hair now.

As to tipping people for doing their jobs if she does a good job she gets a kiss.

tipping means something else down the country

such a fella is tippin' such a one

something to do with what a sheep does to a ewe (pronounced yo!)

tipping means something else down the country

That's it!

Mrs. SLF is going to be cutting my hair today I know she doesn't expect to be tipped but well if it's good down the country then it's good up here in Dublin;)

€20 in the grafton barber on grafton street.

Seems pricey compared to what everyone else is paying - worth it for the luxury in there i reckon though.

Although as i'm generally more skint these days and subsequently more price conscious i am considering pulling back on this luxury.

Back