Making Paper look older

C

colinhanley

Hi, this is a weird one. I am in a play and was assigned to task of making brand new Valentines cards look a few years older. Make them a bit more worn/weather beaten etc. Anyone any little tips to make this happen. I could try leaving them out in the rain for the night I suppose.

Brushing on tea (without milk) will give them a sepia tone.

Hold the paper over a candle ot lighter, obviously don't burn it but keep it there long enough to brown it

cards

You just want to make your new girlfriend think you were really popular in the past don't you! Put a couple of coffee cup marks on them as well.

Re: cards

OK you got me ! actually lied about the whole play thing. Applying for a Canadian visa with my girlfriend so we have to pretend we are going out for longer than we have for De Facto purposes. Got a few Valentines/Christmas/Birthday cards in Eurosaver so just need to make them look genuine.

Steer clear of the tea in that case! You don't want it to look like you stole it from a museum!

My advice is to leave them outside (in the garden) etc...so they look a bit weatherbeaten and worn : ))

Are you serious Colin? And hopefully that's not your real name in case the Canadian embassy is browsing AAM...

Non-married couples trying to prove they've been going with each other for a long time? That's a good one! I would have thought the answer's a little more obvious than soaking your debs photo (or whatever) in a pot of tea!

Why don't you just have a row in front of the officials? They'll assume you've been together for years.

Back