Made lasagne on Fri.Ok today?

remey

Hi,
I made a lasgane on Friday and there is still some left over. It has been in the fridge since then but I'm wondering if its ok to eat today or is that too long? It was yummy but had bbq's etc over the weekend so really want to finish it today if its safe.
Cheers.

personally - i wouldnt risk it.. as the saying goes.. "if in doubt, throw it out". Its cheaper to buy more stuff than to get food posioning. I have raw chicken marinating in the fridge since Sunday afternoon which I am debating whether to use tonight!

Shoot, didnt really think so thats obviously why I'm posting as Imust be in doubt. Bin it goes. Thanks
Chinese so...ha ha.

You'd have to be careful with the meat, even though its cooked. I wouldnt chance it personally.

Provided you had heated the bejaysus out of it, and it hadn't begun to obviously spoil, it probably would have been okay. Once food is heated beyond 63 degrees celsius, it kills all germs that are harmful to humans. So if it looks and smells okay, then just roast the life out of it and it probably won't make you ill. Food poisoning usually only occurs when reheated food is not heated to a high enough temperature.

I wouldn't risk digging it out of the bin though!

I have raw chicken marinating in the fridge since Sunday afternoon which I am debating whether to use tonight!

Might depend on what it is marinating in - if reasonable salt/vinegar content then it could well be OK. If the chicken was fresh on the day (i.e. Sunday) and has been refrigerated since, personally, I'd probably go for it.

Back