Looking to purchase a property in a new development?

OngarGuy

Me and my girlfriend have 317,000 max to spend on a property.
Both of us work in Dublin, has to be in Co. Dublin and a new development.
Has anyone got any suggestions?
Would love some help on this,
Thanks in advance.

Have checked new developments in my home but no prices available!

Can only afford a one bed in Ongar, 2 bed town house where we rented for the last year has gone up 100,000 in 12 months!!!

People are telling me to move to Newbridge, but that will be a last resort.

3-bed semi on my road sold about 2 months ago for 300k. I'm in Stamullen, near Gormanston/Balbriggan. It's Meath, but only by a stones throw. Close to railway line and M1 motorway, depending on where you work. I work in Tallaght and daily commute is about an hour each way, which isn't bad considering the distance.

Why is a new development so important? Stamp duty?

Cheers Conor, stamp duty is the reason alright. Girlfriend works in City west me Dublin 15, will tell her about Stamullen, near Gormanston/Balbriggan cheers.

Try Castlelyon in Newcastle Co. Dublin - next door to Citywest. HOK are selling them - I know most in your price range are reserved but you may get a cancellation as they're selling from the plans - good location...

If your max price range is 317K then stamp duty is not an issue for you so you can look at second hand houses also.

OngarGuy said:
Me and my girlfriend have 317,000 max to spend on a property.
Both of us work in Dublin, has to be in Co. Dublin and a new development.
Has anyone got any suggestions?
Would love some help on this,
Thanks in advance.

are u ftb's and if so why not try a second hand property in balbriggan

Have you checked out Tyrrelstown, I think it is a little bit more reasonably priced then Ongar. The village is built now with pub, cafe, restaurants, superquin, Off-licence, etc.

If your max price range is 317K then stamp duty is not an issue for you so you can look at second hand houses also.
As long as both of you are first time buyers, this is correct.

Aido said:
Try Castlelyon in Newcastle Co. Dublin - next door to Citywest. HOK are selling them - I know most in your price range are reserved but you may get a cancellation as they're selling from the plans - good location...

Cheers Aido, thanks for the heads up!

Ballyman said:

Its a long story which i'm not going to get into here, but what youre saying is true.

brodiebabe said:
Have you checked out Tyrrelstown, I think it is a little bit more reasonably priced then Ongar. The village is built now with pub, cafe, restaurants, superquin, Off-licence, etc.

For the long and the short of it, I liked Tyrrelstown the girlfiend didn't, she won!

Back